Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's true, certain things bind you to a particular place. Can you tell me, what's the specialty of your present town/city that you love most? :P
I love Thrissur for Thrissur pooram and the three temples which conduct the pooram

I am sorry to note that you are staying in Thrissur due to your love for poor people of Thrissur served by temples. I am sure you are doing your best to help them with all the money at your disposal. I am living in my current place because there are not many poor people around and that saves us from many troubles. :laugh:

am staying here due to frequent transfers....nothing else :P

But the thing, I like most is Vadakkumnatha Temple and its round........I think, we have to travel more than 1.5 kms to completely revolve the temple...I mean the public roads.....the road is one way......the whole land where pooram is held, belongs to Cochin Devaswam :silly: . How many acres, in the heart of the main town......
Same is the Kodungallur devi temple also, the place where I resided earlier. Roads (oneway) completely revolve the temple.....more than 1 km.

for both these temples, there are 4 paths in 4 directions through which we can enter the temple.......South, North, East and West..and parts belonging to those directions of both the temples are called.....Vadakke(North) Nada, Thekke(South) Nada, Kizhakke (East) Nada and Padinjaare(West) nada. Nada means 'the front' of a temple or home.
And there are numerous roads leading to these 4 Nadas.......The whole round of both these temples are filled with shops....thus the business area. Kodungallur is a small town belong to Thrissur Corporation

Meera sandhu
Pulling this thread up to get more points...
Let me tell you the peculiarity of my previous residential place Kodungallur. It's in Thrissur-Ernakulam border......but Thrissur district. I stayed there for 2.5 years.
When I was preparing a Christmas article, I just searched google to know where St.Thomas landed in Kerala, as I know well Christianity came to India through Kerala.
Earlier itself, I know Islam came first to India through Kodungallur and first mosque of India -Cheraman mosque is still there. I think around 500 AD. When I searched Indian Wikipedia, I was surprised to find that not only Islam, but Christianity and Jewish also came to India through Kodungallur.
This small town is known as the gateway of 3 foreign/popular religions to our country - Islam, Christianity and Judaism.
Jewish have now moved to Kochi and they have separate colony there. They are prominent in business and restaurants now at Kochi.
When I asked my Christian neighbour about this matter, she gave me more details and said that St.Thomas resided in Thrissur itself, a nearby place.
So, it's not surprising that 1/2th of every Malayai is either a Christian or Muslim.
Ratio of Hinduism:Islam:Christian:Others in our state is in the ratio, approximately.....49Hindus:25 Christians:25 Muslims:1 other..... a Complete state of communal harmony

Meera sandhu
I love my hometown as all my relatives are here and this is a clean town has no to many hazards like other city.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I live in andhra pradesh in visakhapatnam district. I bind to this residence because there is sea. and visakhapatnam is bit peaceful city compared to other metro cities.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I live in andhra pradesh in visakhapatnam district. I bind to this residence because there is sea. and visakhapatnam is bit peaceful city compared to other metro cities.

I am having few tress and plants in my house and around as well. These are very special to me. They are my friends too.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

I think Visak is similar to our Kochi...both are shipyards as well :)

Meera sandhu

I think Visak is similar to our Kochi...both are shipyards as well :)

Sin e I involved in the construction while my residence was built, I have special bonding with it.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.