Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It all depends on circumstances. I agree that precautions should be taken. Most important is that if a woman is raped in circumstances that cannot be controlled, she should not be made to feel guilty or defiled. Instead she should be enabled to gain normalcy and live as if nothing had opened. Booking the culprits and punishing them is another matter.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Friends I have many a times suggested girls to atleast learn defensive techniques and eat healthy food. If you can't fight then atleast you can run. Women should some how learn to escape. In adverse situations nobody will come front to help us, not even a lady. It depends on luck and your presence of mind. Admiting to the rapist is worst thing. Man can be coward but woman are not so.

This is very true as the safety of a woman is only her state of affairs now considering the brutality of the modern world where you cannot even trust your friends and relatives. But you cannot deny being in such a situation what all a girl might have to go through her senses may not be fully supportive and what about the cases of gang rape? Howsoever defensive techniques you might be knowing you cannot be a super duper hero of a hindi film where with one shot all the culprits fly and fall in all directions.

Live in the present :)
I want to write few more points with this. I remember I have many a times mentioned them before.
It is not at all necessary to look beautiful. Prestige and honour is more important. If a woman looks ugly, nobody will feel interest in her. If she wears sexy or beautiful dress, it draws attention of many people. Makeup and dressing style should be according to place and situation and not according to out whim.

Being beautiful or ugly has nothing to do with it. If that was the case, women who are fully covered from head to toes would never have been molested or raped as nobody can see their face. But even they have faced such situation. However, I do agree with you that a women needs to be cautious while dressing up and it would also be helpful to them to learn to defend themselves.
I want to write few more points with this. I remember I have many a times mentioned them before.
It is not at all necessary to look beautiful. Prestige and honour is more important. If a woman looks ugly, nobody will feel interest in her. If she wears sexy or beautiful dress, it draws attention of many people. Makeup and dressing style should be according to place and situation and not according to out whim.

Being beautiful or ugly has nothing to do with it. If that was the case, women who are fully covered from head to toes would never have been molested or raped as nobody can see their face. But even they have faced such situation. However, I do agree with you that a women needs to be cautious while dressing up and it would also be helpful to them to learn to defend themselves.

Yes I too agree with your views....
Dressing is only a factor...
man attacks her only if he gets a situation, otherwise never. I don't think a girl dressed in a provoking way will be molested in an open crowd. If she is alone, she may get into trouble. That's all. That also doesn't mean, always she will get into trouble....am just saying about a situation....

Meera sandhu

Devyani the girl mentioned here in the news article was wearing a jeans at that time and I think that is a casual clothing nothing that might be blamed for evoking the males. Even married woman clad in sarees or salwar suits have faced such unfortunate situations that leaves never ending scars on their mind for the rest of their lives. Do you mean we should give up wearing beautiful dresses? Being a girl that is something I love. :huh: Though agreed that one should dress according to a place but even if a girl is dressed in a salwar suitshe does get to hear roadside comments. That is no solution at all.

Live in the present :)

Devyani the girl mentioned here in the news article was wearing a jeans at that time and I think that is a casual clothing nothing that might be blamed for evoking the males. Even married woman clad in sarees or salwar suits have faced such unfortunate situations that leaves never ending scars on their mind for the rest of their lives. Do you mean we should give up wearing beautiful dresses? Being a girl that is something I love. :huh: Though agreed that one should dress according to a place but even if a girl is dressed in a salwar suitshe does get to hear roadside comments. That is no solution at all.

Any particular dress code does not help women. Women in any dress and in every environment are raped. The irony is that they suffer both ways- first physical, then mental. The mental suffering is worse. after rape a woman be normal. But the shock and stigma remains longer. This stigma is to be fought more. why should a woman feel ashamed and guilty after rape?

Perhaps that feelings make woman, a woman!!!!!

Meera sandhu

Frailty-thy name is woman. Said William Shakespeare

Abala Jeevan teri yahi kahani Anchal men doodh, ankhon men paani ( Weaker gender- this is your tale- milk in breast and tears in eyes)- Hindi poet Maithali sharan Gupta.

This is challenge. woman is called 'abala' . (weak). she must assert and be strong (sabala).

She must fight against double standards. In a rape, a woman is considered defiled. How can the man raping her be still chaste. If he is chaste, woman is more chaste as she is victim.

Abala Jeevan teri yahi kahani Anchal men doodh, ankhon men paani ( Weaker gender- this is your tale- milk in breast and tears in eyes)- Hindi poet Maithali sharan Gupta.

This is challenge. woman is called 'abala' . (weak). she must assert and be strong (sabala).

She must fight against double standards. In a rape, a woman is considered defiled. How can the man raping her be still chaste. If he is chaste, woman is more chaste as she is victim.

after committing a similar crime...two persons may think and behave differently. Some feel guilty of his wrong deed while the second one, never feel ashamed. Same is the case of women. Only the right persons feel shamed of certain things...wrong persons never feel so, however severe his crime is :evil:

Meera sandhu

after committing a similar crime...two persons may think and behave differently. Some feel guilty of his wrong deed while the second one, never feel ashamed. Same is the case of women. Only the right persons feel shamed of certain things...wrong persons never feel so, however severe his crime is :evil:

If some one has committed an offence, he would feel guilty if humane and otherwise not. But what if he or she is not guilty. I do not think that any one need feel guilty if he or she is not actually guilty. AS raped woman is a victim and not guilt. She must never feel guilty and should be quite normal even after rape. It is only the guilty man who should be made to feel guilty and ashamed.

This is so simple.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.