The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes..it's a very common riddle. i have heard it before.
That's why Sharmishta got its answer easily

I think, now this thread can be locked, as answer is given by Sharmishta.

That is strange! I never heard this before. :unsure:

Live in the present :)
Because the letter T is in the middle of the word water just like an island which is in the middle of water.

This explains 'HOW' 'T' is of island shape. But the question is 'WHY' this is so shaped. There is no answer for 'why'.. All alphabets are just names given to sounds and there is no history showing reason for giving any particular shape.

Now '8' is like fat lady. How this is- we may explain. But why this shape given- no answer.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Mary
I have another explanation for this. I think 'T' is actually a "tea". It sounds same. Just like 'B' is "Bee", etc.If 'T' is island then 'L' and 'U' are also islands.
Because the letter T is in the middle of the word water just like an island which is in the middle of water.

This explains 'HOW' 'T' is of island shape. But the question is 'WHY' this is so shaped. There is no answer for 'why'.. All alphabets are just names given to sounds and there is no history showing reason for giving any particular shape.

Now '8' is like fat lady. How this is- we may explain. But why this shape given- no answer.

Sir, have you noticed...it's just a copy from wikipedia :cheer:

Meera sandhu
Island is a small piece of land whch is surrounded by water body, seas or oceans. It has nothing to do with english alphabets.
Island is a small piece of land whch is surrounded by water body, seas or oceans. It has nothing to do with english alphabets.

Also island need not be T shaped. This could be O shaped or any other shaped.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Also island need not be T shaped. This could be O shaped or any other shaped.

Yes that is exactly the point an island has no definite shape. It can be of a number of sizes or shapes then why is it being said that T is like an island. :unsure:

It's just a riddle.....please don't make it too serious....

Hoping admin would consider this thread for locking

Meera sandhu

Its just that its not clear I think.. :unsure:

Its just that its not clear I think.. :unsure:

just check that wikipedia link :cheer:
Asha, you will get 500 bonus.....congratulations for 1000 posts...PM admin now itself
FlyingBird.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Ashii
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.