Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Albert Einstein is believed to be the most intelligent person ever had been on the earth. Einstein's "Theory of relativity" was the best ever theory any one gave to this world. :)

If you were to look for a scientist for this category why don't you pick Stephen Hawkins who despite being disabled is among the top of our times. He can neither speak, move and is on a wheelchair most of the time.

I am surprised as no one took the name of Mahatma Gandhi. :blink:

JC Bose I think was the greatest person who to;d us the plants have life. :)

Gandhi is great. But i had to name the greatest. I believe that Raja Ram Mohan Roy is greatest for the reasons already given. So, I need not name any one else.

But there should be someone who think Gandhiji to be the greatest. :blink:

I am not much admirer of GANDHIJI but still I feel he is one of the great personality of the world. :blink:

Gandhi is great. But I selected the criteria that the person had very big cause. abolition of Sati that means burning women alive is a cause greater than independence. Secondly gandhi had support of many whereas even victims would not support Raja Ram Mohan Roy. So my choice is Raja Ram Mohan Roy.

No doubt Raja Ram Mohan Roy was a great person who eliminated "Sati Pratha" from our culture.No body supported him in it he alone fought for it against the whole society. :)

We need to complete the unfinished task of Raja Ram Mohan Roy by ending all gender discrimination and evil practice of sati some times showing its ugly head in some parts of country, particularly Rajasthan. Raja Ram Mohan Roy abolished Sati but the girl children are being killed before birth.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

So, more votes are for Raja Ram Mohan Roy.
I am sure, if he was not born in India, we would have seen crores of Sati here in the past 1 century.
And what about child marriages???
No doubt, he has bought greatest reforms to Indian society ......at a time when....superstitions were deeply rooted in the society and women treated just as animals!!!

Meera sandhu
I am sure, if he was not born in India, we would have seen crores of Sati here in the past 1 century.
No doubt, he has bought greatest reforms to Indian society ......at a time when....superstitions were deeply rooted in the society and women treated just as animals!!!

Even in this world we heard of a lady got SATI in Rajasthan and she was not stopped by anyone. :evil:

this was a case years back but really shocking how can some one be burnt alive. :blink: :evil:

thanks to Raja Ram Mohan Roy who enlightened people and convinced people and got eliminated this old customary. :)
Annai Terasa a greatest human being on Earth so far. She loves all and she serves all.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/

When there is injustice, there will definitely be some one to raise voice and act. It goes to credit of Raja Ram Mohan Roy that he spoke and acted against the most inhuman practice of Sati. Still there is lot of discrimination against women. A man is not affected even if he willingly sleeps with any number of women whereas a woman 's image is tarnished even when she is raped.

Removing gender discrimination in all manifestations is logically the unfinished task of Raja Ram Mohan Roy's movement. This is for us to complete this task.

Annai Terasa a greatest human being on Earth so far. She loves all and she serves all.

Have not heard about Annai Terasa. Who is she?? Could you tell us something about the work she has done?

Have not heard about Annai Terasa. Who is she?? Could you tell us something about the work she has done?

It's Mother Teresa. In Tamil, Mother is called Annai...like Annai Velankanni :) :)

Meera sandhu

It's Mother Teresa. In Tamil, Mother is called Annai...like Annai Velankanni :) :)

Oh! I was thinking she must be someone famous in South India.:) :) Thanks to Mary, I have learned one tamil word.

Oh! I was thinking she must be someone famous in South India.:) :) Thanks to Mary, I have learned one tamil word.

But take care...differentiate it from Anna :P

Meera sandhu

But take care...differentiate it from Anna :P

Let us call Mother Teresa only by this name. Otherwise there will be confusion. every one will not understand 'annai'.. Also as stated above, this may be confused with Anna. .

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.