The topic is locked.
This week Janmastami will be celebrated.The birth of lord Krishna.I am going to arrange a small puja in my house.How you all will celebrate this day?
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8568]}

Sharmistha Banerjee
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I can't believe....
According To Malyalam Calender it comes on September 8.
He was born in Rohini star next month...Chingam, not on Karkidakam month
7_4_35_2012-08-06.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
No,it would be celebrated everywhere on 9th this month and I am open to any invitation!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8570]}
No,it would be celebrated everywhere on 9th this month and I am open to any invitation!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8570]}

Really surprising.....
Kannan was born on Chingam, not Karkidakam
Also, star coming on that day is Pooruruttaathi......not Rohini. ;)

How it differs by exactly one month? One day difference is Ok. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Meera sandhu
Just see this link.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna_Janmashtami

It is clearly told there, " The festival always falls within mid-August to mid-September in the Gregorian calendar."

It's because Indian Month Chingam always falls on August 17 and Month Kanni starts on September 17 and Krishna's Birthday is celebrated on Rohini star coming on this month.

My best friend was born just one day before Ashtami Rohini, on Karthika star. Another classmate of mine, is born on the same day with Rohini star. So, he celebrates his birthday every year along with Lord Krishna.

Chingam is also Known as Shravan.

Meera sandhu
This year Janmastami will be celebrated on 9th August.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Janmastmi is always in August. This is celebrated for about a month in Mathura- Vrindavan. The main celebrations are in dwakadheesh temple where daily there is change of Ghata. So, on Hari Ghata, everything id green. On kaali Ghata, there is only dark.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

am really confused.....how can it happen?
How birthday of Krisha be celebrated in 2 months? :blink: :blink:

Meera sandhu
Janmashtami is the birthday of Lord Krishna.
It is celebrate at all over India.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8575]}

Be positive

Janmastmi is always in August.. what is the confusion? If there is any doubt, it will be best to consult a Hindu scholar (Pandit). I do not think that anybody here is competent enough to clarify such doubts.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Janmastmi is always in August.. what is the confusion? If there is any doubt, it will be best to consult a Hindu scholar (Pandit). I do not think that anybody here is competent enough to clarify such doubts.

Devyani's father is an astrologer. Perhaps he may able to clear my doubt.

I think, it occurred due to difference of Malayalam Calender and Hindi Calender :blush:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.