From the school life itself, I never learn anything just mugging up. I just read 2-3 times, understand its meaning and write it in my own words. I am following this strategy till now. It's good. Need less time also. But the problem is ...I always find great difficulty for by-hearting poems, equations and big formulas. It takes more time. Also, can't write even a single word about things that I can't understand...it won't stay in my memory.
What about you?
Which strategy is more good for learning purposes???????? Also, which one, do you follow????? By-hearting without leaving even a single comma or just reading with mind and write it your own?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
From the school life itself, I never learn anything just mugging up. I just read 2-3 times, understand its meaning and write it in my own words. I am following this strategy till now. It's good. Need less time also. But the problem is ...I always find great difficulty for bi-hearting poems, equations and big formulas. It takes more time. Also, can't write even a single word about things that I can't understand...it won't stay in my memory.
What about you?
Which strategy is more good for learning purposes???????? Also, which one, do you follow????? Bi-hearting without leaving even a single comma or just reading with mind and write it your own?

Understanding the problem and then write all in our languages is best way but it cannot apply on maths.For math just understand the basic and solve other just like that..............
From the school life itself, I never learn anything just mugging up. I just read 2-3 times, understand its meaning and write it in my own words. I am following this strategy till now. It's good. Need less time also. But the problem is ...I always find great difficulty for bi-hearting poems, equations and big formulas. It takes more time. Also, can't write even a single word about things that I can't understand...it won't stay in my memory.
What about you?
Which strategy is more good for learning purposes???????? Also, which one, do you follow????? Bi-hearting without leaving even a single comma or just reading with mind and write it your own?

Understanding the problem and then write all in our languages is best way but it cannot apply on maths.For math just understand the basic and solve other just like that..............

every subject, if we have the ability to mug up, we can bi-heart and write it in exams without much understandings. But, it's not at all possible for maths or any puzzle solving problems which involves logical reasoning

Meera sandhu
Read with understanding. Memorize by constant writing. As long as you cannot write the whole thing from memory, go on writing again and again. If you try to remember by oral or mental process only, you cannot memorize. It is best to write what you want to memorize.

This is what I did in my departmental examination process. I would write down all points on a sheet of paper, memorize and then write from memory. Then i would compare with the text. As long as i could not write all the points, i would go on writing.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

writing after memorize is good practice and it can be remembered before going to bed. it works well.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Read with understanding. Memorize by constant writing. As long as you cannot write the whole thing from memory, go on writing again and again. If you try to remember by oral or mental process only, you cannot memorize. It is best to write what you want to memorize.

This is what I did in my departmental examination process. I would write down all points on a sheet of paper, memorize and then write from memory. Then i would compare with the text. As long as i could not write all the points, i would go on writing.

Also, I used to keep small notes of important formulas and points....Writing, after understanding it, helps us to memorize those points better
It will be very helpful at exam days

Meera sandhu
writing after memorize is good practice and it can be remembered before going to bed. it works well.

Yet, only a few persons find time for it

Meera sandhu
Writing i your own words after memorizing the content is the best way.I always do that may be that is the reason i never find any subject difficult.those who mug up can't get good marks in Maths and other subjects having numerical.

That is the best way to learn. I used to first read a subject at least 2-3 times, understand the concept and then write in my own words.

But where it comes to equations and formulae, there is no alternative to memorizing them.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Writing i your own words after memorizing the content is the best way.I always do that may be that is the reason i never find any subject difficult.those who mug up can't get good marks in Maths and other subjects having numerical.

Mugging up doesn't really help except scoring marks at that time, but such people flounder when they move on to higher studies!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Eating Almonds is good for health as well as it sharpens our mind, that will help in bi- hearting. :)

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.