Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

WE celebrate christmas with lots of enjoyment . We share some exciting gifts with each other. But do you really know who started or who introduced this system of giving gifts?

@Ronark I am loving the idea of Christmas wishes coming pouring in almost one month in advance. Is this to remind people for keep gifts ready?

LOL he had started it 2 years too early and probably forgotten all about it too , I brought it out of the archives realising its relevance now...

Okay as I can see it was 2 years 10 months before. That make it January 2010. His point is genuine in this case.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Friends this time I have planned to spend Christmas eve in a very special way. Christman is celebrated in Kolkata with lots of fun and excitement. I will make cake at home. What about you guys?
Friends this time I have planned to spend Christmas eve in a very special way. Christman is celebrated in Kolkata with lots of fun and excitement. I will make cake at home. What about you guys?

Even I have planned in a very unique way, if every thing goes right I shall be in a beautiful Far Eastern country for a few days. I have not visited there for almost two years

Even I have planned in a very unique way, if every thing goes right I shall be in a beautiful Far Eastern country for a few days. I have not visited there for almost two years

Good idea, Bangkok, Phuket and Phi Phi have all awesome celebrations during Xmas/new years eve....We were there once and thoroughly enjoyed it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Good idea, Bangkok, Phuket and Phi Phi have all awesome celebrations during Xmas/new years eve....We were there once and thoroughly enjoyed it...

I spent one Christmas at Carbar a small place in Karnataka. That is a memorable experience for me for wrong reasons. When I came back to my hotel police took me to police station nearby and released me almost an hour later after confirming my identity, later I was told the place was famous for smugglers. :laugh: :laugh: I left for Goa by boat next morning. :laugh:

Friends Pattaya city is best for Christmas eve. It is the best time to visit Thailand. Beach becomes very romantic and beautiful.

I spent one Christmas at Carbar a small place in Karnataka. That is a memorable experience for me for wrong reasons. When I came back to my hotel police took me to police station nearby and released me almost an hour later after confirming my identity, later I was told the place was famous for smugglers. :laugh: :laugh: I left for Goa by boat next morning. :laugh:

Karvar right? It has some resorts which are in islands at sea and many foreigners visit there.Besides it is a naval base , so I guess they have these checks, but frankly I don't see why you should have been targeted....I am sure the person/persons they intended to catch slipped away with all the confusion..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Karvar right? It has some resorts which are in islands at sea and many foreigners visit there.Besides it is a naval base , so I guess they have these checks, but frankly I don't see why you should have been targeted....I am sure the person/persons they intended to catch slipped away with all the confusion..

That was in 80s, when we had no communication like today and the night time made it more difficult. They called my home town by urgent telephonic call' on my payment to my parents and confirmed my identity that way. This happened despite I was serving a Bangalore based company but no way to contact office in night hours.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

WE celebrate christmas with lots of enjoyment . We share some exciting gifts with each other. But do you really know who started or who introduced this system of giving gifts?

Hi Ronark,

Please find the below link for reference. St. Nicholas, a christian bishop who started this custom.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_and_when_did_the_tradition_of_exchanging_Christmas_gifts_start
History reveals the burried facts of life. We all know who has given gifts to whom on this special occassion. Moreover they didn't made it a custom. We have made it a custom. We are following their principles. It will be followed even in the next generations.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.