Dry Cough Home Remedies

Dry cough rather than causing you a throat pain and constant irritation, can be very embarrassing in a public place. It takes a long time to cure. Dry cough can be caused due to throat infection, pollution, hormonal changes during puberty, lung disorder and infection in the respiratory tract. Alcoholism, chain smoking, over exposure to pollution and constant talking are major causes of dry cough. Here are some of home remedies to cure and prevent dry cough -

1.Eat ten tulsi (basil) leaves with honey everyday in the morning. This helps prevention from cough and cold.

2.Boil a glass of water with henna leaves and gargle with it. Do it twice a day for relief from coughing.

3.Make a paste of 8-9 almonds, mix it with a spoon of honey and butter. Take this twice or thrice a day for quick cure.

4.Add one spoon of ajwain (carom) and half spoon of turmeric powder in one glass of water. Boil it till water reduce to half a glass. Mix honey to the water and take this syrup twice a day.

5.Crush 2-3 onions and extract juice from it, mix it with one lemon juice and half glass of water. Drink this syrup twice a day. This helps to loosen the cough and treats chest congestion.

6.Take half a spoon of ginger paste, mix it with half spoon of pepper and honey. Mix two spoons of water into it before consuming. Take this twice a day for best results.

7.Drink hot milk with turmeric powder. This home remedy will also help you treat throat pain.

8.Add four spoons of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water. Sip on it all through out the day. This treats respiratory tract infection.

9.While sleeping put a cardamom in your mouth. The cardamom melts on it's own are it's juice penetrates to your throat. This is one of the best medicines.

10.Drink one cup of grape juice everyday to prevent and treat cough.

These home remedies for dry cough will help you cure it within a weeks time and regular practice specially during rainy season and winters will help you prevent catching cold. Avoid alcohol and smoking for to prevent respiratory tract infection.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hmm --- Tulasi is the best and easily available remedy that is very effective too. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Dry cough home remedies
A dry cough is the kind of cough that does not bring up any phlegm or mucus - this can often be extremely irritating and even exhausting, as the irritation continues without any relief, no matter how much you cough. If a dry cough continues for more than a week without any improvement, you should visit a doctor immediately, as it could require medical treatment. Much of the time however, there are dry cough home remedies that are quite effective.

Dry cough is sometimes the result of a sore throat due to strain or an infection, but in many cases, it is simple due to irritation such as smoke, dust, pollution, and allergens. What is needed to stop the cough is simply soothing of the throat. Rather than using a cough suppressant from the chemist, you can prepare your own cough suppressant home remedies.

You can try any of the following home remedies and natural remedies for a dry cough:

* The traditional warm water and salt treatment is possibly the best dry cough home remedy, and in fact it works for almost any cough, providing at least immediate if not permanent relief.

* Steam inhalation is a good dry cough remedy if there is phlegm that you are unable to expel. The warmth and moisture helps the phlegm to loosen and be expelled, providing a great deal of relief.

* Prepare a mixture of ginger juice and pepper with honey, and take this mixture a couple of times a day. This is one of the best dry cough natural remedies, and a teaspoon of honey is enough along with a few drops of ginger juice and a pinch of pepper.

* You can also take some ginger juice or dry ginger, mix it with a little sugar, a pinch of black pepper, and a teaspoon of butter, and take this mixture a couple of times a day.

* Honey is a common ingredient in most cough home remedies, and can be also taken by itself or with a little hot water. If you are mixing it with water, you can also add a dash of apple cider vinegar to the solution. You can also mix aloe juice with honey and take this mixture.

In addition to all these dry cough remedies, there are some things that you should do to avoid irritating your throat. Staying away from smoke is very important - this includes smoking yourself and being around other smokers. In addition, you should try to elevate the head of your bed while sleeping, to prevent fluid from the nasal passage from irritating the throat.
Dry Cough Home Remedies

If you’ve battled the symptoms of a dry cough for longer than two weeks, it’s highly suggested that you pay a visit to your doctor to get to the bottom of your condition. In the meantime, treat your cough with the following home remedies:

a) Raw Onion:

Finely chop one onion and extract its juice. Mix one teaspoon of onion juice with one teaspoon of honey. Allow the mixture to sit for four to five hours, as it will create an effective cough syrup that should be taken two times per day. If you are battling a cold, you should know that the onions also work to remove phlegm when combined with lemon and boiling water.

b) Salt Gargle:

Treat a dry cough with a gargle consisting of lukewarm water and a teaspoon of salt.

c) Oregano:

Boil oregano in a cup of water, filter, and drink to lessen the intensity of a dry cough.

d) Green Tea with Honey:

Soothe not only your throat but also a dry cough when you add honey to a cup of green tea.
e) Aniseed Tea:

Dry coughs plagued by thick mucus will respond to a regular cup of aniseed tea – a spice with a flavor much similar to licorice and fennel.

f) Raisins:

Create a healing sauce with raisins to soothe a cough by grinding 100 grams of raisins with water. Blend in about 100 grams of sugar and heat the mixture until a sauce-like consistency is achieved. Preserve the sauce and take 20 grams before going to bed on a daily basis.

g) Humidifier:

Add a humidifier to your bedroom to combat a dry cough that comes at night.

h) Hot Milk:

Before retiring for the night, drink a cup of hot milk with honey, which will not only deliver relief for a dry cough, but also encourage a sound night of rest.

i) Ginger Tea:

Place ginger in a pot of boiling water before adding it to your regular amount of tea leaves. Lastly, put in a pinch of pepper along with three to four basil leaves. Drink hot to soothe the throat.

j) Cinnamon:

Gain relief from a bothersome cough by adding cinnamon to a cup of tea.

k) Almonds:

Soak seven almond kernels overnight and remove the brown skin in the morning. Ground the almonds to create a fine paste. Add 20 grams each of butter and sugar to the paste, which should be administered in the morning and evening.

l) Grapes:

Did you know that grapes have a reputation for strengthening the lungs and acting as an expectorant? Within a couple of days, you will notice a difference in your cough when you drink one cup of grape juice mixed with one teaspoon of honey on a daily basis.
It's one of the most irritating problems and thanks a lot for providing the cure!!
one of the irritating problem in winter is cough and dry cough sometimes do go away easily..HOpe these remedies are better way to reduce it.
Neetu thanks for some very valuable tips!

For persistent dry cough at night, I have a good remedy that works well.

Warm a spoonful of cooking oil, preferably mustard oil, add a pinch each of asafoetida and salt to it and swallow it quickly. Drink a cup of hot water over it.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks for sharing this.My middle child is suffering from dry cough.May I check it then!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
ya deepti tulasi is the best thing for curing cold quickly and more over its an traditional plant available in each and every house........
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Neetu thanks for some very valuable tips!

For persistent dry cough at night, I have a good remedy that works well.

Warm a spoonful of cooking oil, preferably mustard oil, add a pinch each of asafoetida and salt to it and swallow it quickly. Drink a cup of hot water over it.[/quote]

thanks kalyani for sharing this useful tip for dty cough...would try out when ever i have this problem.....
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]Thanks for sharing this.My middle child is suffering from dry cough.May I check it then![/quote]

@ abid

yes definitely abid try it out on your child ,as they are all home remedies, and let me know the result please.......
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.