The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In the earlier days, Kishore used to sing for a single actor ,Devanand. Sachin da had immense faith on Kishore's singing capabilities. But his son Pancham da gave him the biggest break in the film Aaradhana. And his 'Mere Sapnon Ki Rani' has swept the entire listeners all over the country and made him the darling of the people. He is immortal. He lives for ever.

It is not right Rambabu. Music director of Aradhna is Sachi da. Pancham da composed only one song in this film " Roop Tera Mastana. Devanand also used Kishore's voice after Aradhna.
In the earlier days, Kishore used to sing for a single actor ,Devanand. Sachin da had immense faith on Kishore's singing capabilities. But his son Pancham da gave him the biggest break in the film Aaradhana. And his 'Mere Sapnon Ki Rani' has swept the entire listeners all over the country and made him the darling of the people. He is immortal. He lives for ever.

It is not right Rambabu. Music director of Aradhna is Sachi da. Pancham da composed only one song in this film " Roop Tera Mastana. Devanand also used Kishore's voice after Aradhna.

Yes , That's a mistake on my part. Devanand was the first to have utilised Kishore's voice. It's not that Kishore started singing for Devanand after the success of Aaradhana.
He was truly a genius of the rarest breed!! A precocious boy entertaining his father's guests with the voices of all masters, Sachin Dev, Saigal with great perfection to the amazement of all!!!! Mind you he never received any formal training in music!! I read it in books that Rabindrasangeet which maintains very strict standards and Bengali music lovers are not easily won over by anyone who is not formally trained in it. But Kishor Kumar turned it up-side-down. Even a purist as celebrated as Satyajit Roy engaged him for playback of 'Charulata' to sing Rabindrasangeet and if you happen to visit Durgapuja pandals, the organizers never seem to fail to play these songs to capture puja moods. From Hindi film songs from 'Padosan' to Rabindrasangeet what an amazing range!! Kishor Kumar did all! Do you know he even made Hemamalini sing a Bengali number with his own composition?

@Asha

Many Many Happy Returns - my belated wishing you!!! Sorry!!

I have listened to that song many times which you are referring to years back, it is indeed very beautiful. The sheer range of songs he has sung is amazing from sad to flirty, happy songs, to the songs that are really intense and deep in emotions and meaning. He has also sung 3 songs in Marathi in the 80s' which also are really good! I personally like his AA Chal ke Tujhe and O Hansini the best!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

He was truly a genius of the rarest breed!! A precocious boy entertaining his father's guests with the voices of all masters, Sachin Dev, Saigal with great perfection to the amazement of all!!!! Mind you he never received any formal training in music!! I read it in books that Rabindrasangeet which maintains very strict standards and Bengali music lovers are not easily won over by anyone who is not formally trained in it. But Kishor Kumar turned it up-side-down. Even a purist as celebrated as Satyajit Roy engaged him for playback of 'Charulata' to sing Rabindrasangeet and if you happen to visit Durgapuja pandals, the organizers never seem to fail to play these songs to capture puja moods. From Hindi film songs from 'Padosan' to Rabindrasangeet what an amazing range!! Kishor Kumar did all! Do you know he even made Hemamalini sing a Bengali number with his own composition?

@Asha

I have listened to that song many times which you are referring to years back, it is indeed very beautiful. The sheer range of songs he has sung is amazing from sad to flirty, happy songs, to the songs that are really intense and deep in emotions and meaning. He has also sung 3 songs in Marathi in the 80s' which also are really good! I personally like his AA Chal ke Tujhe and O Hansini the best!

Kishore kumar was a gifted singer and could put his heart and soul into any song, whether it was his usual lively yodelling ones , romantic numbers or sad songs...His sad songs like Aaj rona pade tho samjhe, Dukhi man mera, Koyi humdum na raha,Chingari koyi badkhe, Zindgi ka safr were all in a class of their own...truly magnificent !!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@Asha

Kishore kumar was a gifted singer and could put his heart and soul into any song, whether it was his usual lively yodelling ones , romantic numbers or sad songs...His sad songs like Aaj rona pade tho samjhe, Dukhi man mera, Koyi humdum na raha,Chingari koyi badkhe, Zindgi ka safr were all in a class of their own...truly magnificent !!

True Usha, the words of his sad songs were quite simple that way, but the way he sang them so intensely conveyed a very deep meaning about life! Those songs are a class apart on their own!

Thank you said by: usha manohar

@Asha

True Usha, the words of his sad songs were quite simple that way, but the way he sang them so intensely conveyed a very deep meaning about life! Those songs are a class apart on their own!

Words of song were simple but Kishor has nothing to do with words as he never composed songs. He sang very intensively as you rightly said. For me he is the best singer. My ideal choice of singers- male and female is- Asha Bhonsle and Kishor Kumar.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@Asha

Words of song were simple but Kishor has nothing to do with words as he never composed songs. He sang very intensively as you rightly said. For me he is the best singer. My ideal choice of singers- male and female is- Asha Bhonsle and Kishor Kumar.

I agree that Kishore kumar was the best, but I feel that both Rafi and Mannadey too were complete singers and were truly unique in their own way....Kishore kumar of course did a lot more than just singing...he composed,wrote lyrics, produced films and even acted in films and that way he was much more talented ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Asha

I agree that Kishore kumar was the best, but I feel that both Rafi and Mannadey too were complete singers and were truly unique in their own way....Kishore kumar of course did a lot more than just singing...he composed,wrote lyrics, produced films and even acted in films and that way he was much more talented ...

Very true! He was a very versatile person and most importantly he brought the attractively flirty and crazy notes to his songs via yodelling which was a new thing in our music scenario. And the sheer happiness that exuded from it all was what attracted people the most!

@Asha

That reminds me of arguments I rather inanely used to indulge in when I was very young. You know, in West Bengal in many evening 'addas' (gossip) Hemanta Mukherjee (Hemant Kumar) and Manny Dey would invariably attract comparison and members would stand vertically split on greatness of the two!!! Many many years after, I grew up enough to appreciate such exercises are meaningless. If I am absorbed in any particular number at any particular moment he is she is my singing God or Goddess!!! So no particular best!! All are bests depending upon your mood and their marvels surreally mingling to create that electrifying effects!!

@Asha

That reminds me of arguments I rather inanely used to indulge in when I was very young. You know, in West Bengal in many evening 'addas' (gossip) Hemanta Mukherjee (Hemant Kumar) and Manny Dey would invariably attract comparison and members would stand vertically split on greatness of the two!!! Many many years after, I grew up enough to appreciate such exercises are meaningless. If I am absorbed in any particular number at any particular moment he is she is my singing God or Goddess!!! So no particular best!! All are bests depending upon your mood and their marvels surreally mingling to create that electrifying effects!!

I agree with that ! As far as I am concerned all the old singers were special be it Henant Kumar, Talat Mehmood or Mahendra Kapoor along with the 3 I have already mentioned .Similarly Lata M, Asha B, Geeta B , Shamshad B,Suman K and Mubarak begum were all eqully good and had their own unique style of singing....I love them all equally !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.