COLOMBO: Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, who was left out of the playing eleven, on Tuesday lost his cool and showed his middle finger at the Sri Lankan fans who jeered him with "water boy" chants during the third Test.

The incident happened during the opening day of the final Test when 12th man Yuvraj entered the ground and made his way towards his teammates with water bottles and some drinks in hand.

But soon a section of the spectators started booing by calling him "water boy". An enraged Yuvraj then raised his middle finger towards the booing fans.

Taking note of the incident, Team India manager Ranjib Biswal said they are planning to file a police complaint against the fans who jeered Yuvraj.

"We are mulling to lodge a police complain against the fans who had tried to jeer Yuvraj when he had come out to provide drinks during the match," he said.

Yuvraj, who missed the second Test due to illness, failed to make it to the playing eleven in the final match also.

Sri Lanka were at 293 for 4 at the draw of stumps on the first day of the final Test at P Sara Oval here.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-tour-of-sri-lanka/top-stories/Yuvraj-shows-middle-finger-to-jeering-Lankan-fans/articleshow/6252785.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
black day in cricket history....... :(
I personally think Yuvraj should have kept his cool and ignored the stupid fans!! He could have shut them up by playing spectacularly!! The reason Sachin Tendulkar is considered so great is also because of his ability to ignore and shut out such jeering comments and concentrate only on playing well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

such incidents do happen in cricket ...........

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
This has become a usual practice in cricket.Players have to keep their descency.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Once Freddy Provoked him.. and Broad had to pay the price
Lets see who pays this time around
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.