Every time there is a case of molestation or rape , Most politicians and Police officers come out with the statement that it is the fault of the women - the way they dress provocatively ! Is this right ? Does that mean that a man is unable to curb his basic instincts , so others ( women ) have to watch out...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/people/A-provocatively-dressed-woman-an-easy-prey/articleshow/15043860.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Every time there is a case of molestation or rape , Most politicians and Police officers come out with the statement that it is the fault of the women - the way they dress provocatively ! Is this right ? Does that mean that a man is unable to curb his basic instincts , so others ( women ) have to watch out...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/people/A-provocatively-dressed-woman-an-easy-prey/articleshow/15043860.cms

Well! we do say that all Women have rights to wear anything and they can roam freely anywhere, but this is not true at all. Women is not safe.
Look, Men will be men, we can't stop them. I don't think even the rules, if made strict, these crimes will stop.
If we want to protect ourself, we only have to change.
I know many of the Women, wants liberty, and will tell that why we don't find change in Men.
But the fact, will remain the same, that Men don't want to change. They consider them superior and they won't change.

To change this fact, i don't know what should be done.

Want to make each day Accountable

First of all female should wear proper dresses. Many a times, village girls are raped even though they wear proper clothes. We are living in city that does not mean we are safe or we can wear half nude dresses.
Secondly, men have worst thinking regarding women. Thus, be cautious when you are outside and alone. This is 2012. It is year of corruption and criminal activities. Nobody will come to protect you except God. However, that's rare.
I have seen that news today morning......felt angry also.

I don't believe such incidents are occurring only due to short dresses of women. It's true, it's a bit irritating if we see a girl wearing short skirt or tops in public places. Yet, I feel, it depends on the men's mentality how he see her.

If a woman wearing sari or churidar ...walks alone in a lonely road at midnight, will men leave her?????? Not at all. Is she safe at day time in a lonely place, even if she is well-dressed??? So, it's not at all about dressing. It's about the way we see things through our eyes. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu

Well! we do say that all Women have rights to wear anything and they can roam freely anywhere, but this is not true at all. Women is not safe.
Look, Men will be men, we can't stop them. I don't think even the rules, if made strict, these crimes will stop.
I know many of the Women, wants liberty, and will tell that why we don't find change in Men.
But the fact, will remain the same, that Men don't want to change. They consider them superior and they won't change.

Ronark, I agree that one should take care or face the consequences, however a man cannot feel superior by raping a helpless strange girl however provocatively she may be dressed ...That is just an excuse and by the way who says men are superior? and that too the kind that abuses women...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

First of all female should wear proper dresses. Many a times, village girls are raped even though they wear proper clothes. We are living in city that does not mean we are safe or we can wear half nude dresses.
Secondly, men have worst thinking regarding women. Thus, be cautious when you are outside and alone. This is 2012. It is year of corruption and criminal activities. Nobody will come to protect you except God. However, that's rare.

According to your own admission dress has nothing to do with rape since even villagers get raped although they are fully dressed...No doubt everyone has to be careful, but what we need is a change of attitude and a whole load of adult education beginning with the development of EQ...

Ronark, I agree that one should take care or face the consequences, however a man cannot feel superior by raping a helpless strange girl however provocatively she may be dressed ...That is just an excuse and by the way who says men are superior? and that too the kind that abuses women...

Yes, I agree with you.
We can't control people around us. But we can control ourselves. So, men.....why can't you think like that??????

Meera sandhu
I have seen that news today morning......felt angry also.

I don't believe such incidents are occurring only due to short dresses of women. It's true, it's a bit irritating if we see a girl wearing short skirt or tops in public places. Yet, I feel, it depends on the men's mentality how he see her.

If a woman wearing sari or churidar ...walks alone in a lonely road at midnight, will men leave her?????? Not at all. Is she safe at day time in a lonely place, even if she is well-dressed??? So, it's not at all about dressing. It's about the way we see things through our eyes. Isn't it?

Exactly ! It is the mind set and that has to change and this is where home atmosphere is very important,it depends on the parents to teach sons and daughters that they are equal and there is no question of superiority ...

Let me ask one questions.....
Are rapes not occurring in Muslim countries where girls don't even have the freedom to show their faces?????

It's not about dressing, but about human values.

Yet, I should agree with the fact.....girls should dress according to the situations.....if she is going for a party of friends' or night club, she may choose it. But for social functions where elders also are gathered, they should try to keep note of that factor too.

Meera sandhu
yes, some of the such kind of incidents are taking place due to the dress the women wearing and some incidents are taking place due to the behavior of women and but in some cases men are worst and feel women as a doll and he harasses.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Some days before, I read about a village in UP. Now Panchayat has ordered women below 40, not to use mobiles and they should cover their head, while going out. Instead of punishing men who do the offences, women are asked for the sacrifice.
I don't know what happened later.

It's true, always women are blamed.

If such an incident occur for a call girl who works at night to support her whole family, only question that arise will be...."Why did she travel midnight?"
No one will ask a question...."It's the duty of a man to protect her if he see her alone in a lonely road".

If she was wearing short skirt, question will be, "Why did she wear such type of dresses???"

I have noticed......even film stars, if they are going to public places, they choose dresses according to it. Girls should notice that factor also instead of imitating silver screen heroines.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.