Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
During holidays, I love to cook breakfast, and some times I experiment with some, for me cooking is difficult, and it needs a great sense and care to prepare nice dishes.

It is best to start with some easy to prepare simple dishes where you cannot go wrong and then try others.....Omlettes, french toast,Sandwiches are all easy to prepare and also fill you up. Most importantly when a person is living alone it saves him or her from totally depnding on take aways and restaurants...

If one cannot cook at all, he can keep some stock of ready to eat dishes like bread and jam, cake bread, biscuits, pickles. Also it is easier to boil rice. One may also just boil potatoes and eat these with salt.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that knowing cooking is a great help and I see many single men cooking nowadays because of the health concerns...I share many simple recipes with online friends so that they can rustke up a nutritious and healthy meal in a jiffy ! Soups are very nutritious and all that you need to do is put loads of vegetables, water,salt and pepper and some rice or noodles -pressure cook . This is so healthy and nutritious ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

During holidays, I love to cook breakfast, and some times I experiment with some, for me cooking is difficult, and it needs a great sense and care to prepare nice dishes.

It is best to start with some easy to prepare simple dishes where you cannot go wrong and then try others.....Omlettes, french toast,Sandwiches are all easy to prepare and also fill you up. Most importantly when a person is living alone it saves him or her from totally depnding on take aways and restaurants...

If one cannot cook at all, he can keep some stock of ready to eat dishes like bread and jam, cake bread, biscuits, pickles. Also it is easier to boil rice. One may also just boil potatoes and eat these with salt.

That's the reason why I did not pay attention to learn cooking. Ready to eat food foods made me lazy. Still, I decided to start learning cooking with my wife's supervision.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
When I was at school we had a cookery class once a week and this was something we really looked forward to and when I told this to my children, they were feeling bad that they dint have since none of the schools have cookery classes now... So I would ask them to cook at home whatever they wanted and today I am glad I did that since they are all able to take care of themselves without having to depend on outside takeaway food....

Even we never had any cooking classes so we missed all that fun! But my mum always made it a point that we learn a dish every week and also ensured we get good practice. I started learning to cook at the age of 8 and by the time I was 12 I could cook even chapatis very nicely. I now try to teach my son too, he has started helping me peel and clean veggies, especially peas and garlic although half the peas make their way into his stomach! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Honestly I can't make more dishes.. But I love cooking. Just recently I have manage to learn few more dishes. So at least I can feed my self properly when I am alone.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: usha manohar
When I was at school we had a cookery class once a week and this was something we really looked forward to and when I told this to my children, they were feeling bad that they dint have since none of the schools have cookery classes now... So I would ask them to cook at home whatever they wanted and today I am glad I did that since they are all able to take care of themselves without having to depend on outside takeaway food....

Even we never had any cooking classes so we missed all that fun! But my mum always made it a point that we learn a dish every week and also ensured we get good practice. I started learning to cook at the age of 8 and by the time I was 12 I could cook even chapatis very nicely. I now try to teach my son too, he has started helping me peel and clean veggies, especially peas and garlic although half the peas make their way into his stomach! :laugh:

Thats really sweet, the very fact that he helps you out and takes an interest at such a young age is good enough :) , ot used to be the same with my kids, they would gather round me with the idea of helping me in the kitchen but in the end I had double the cleaning up to do LOL...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Thats really sweet, the very fact that he helps you out and takes an interest at such a young age is good enough :) , ot used to be the same with my kids, they would gather round me with the idea of helping me in the kitchen but in the end I had double the cleaning up to do LOL...

Very true Usha..but the main reason I keep him in the kitchen is so that I can keep an eye on him or he keeps getting in trouble all on his own. The mess he makes is too much to clean away later but worth the efforts seeing his interest in all that goes on in the kitchen! Every day when I make chapatis, I have to let him roll out one chapati and then cut eyes and smile into it! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I like cooking but due to less amount of time it looks difficult to cook every time. Whenever I got some free time I cook for myself.

Cooking is a life skill and everyone should know at least the basics of it irrespective of gender. Some can do it as a hobby, extend it as a profession, others might do it for utilitarian purpose and some might outsource it owing to other priorities and responsibilities.

In my case, I am the cook in the house and take care that my family gets a healthy meal each time. Somehow, we as a family enjoy cooking and it is sometimes a great bonding time for all four of us in kitchen on weekend. Like all the mothers, I too enjoy sharing recipes and experimenting in kitchen for my children. My children like most of my dishes but prefer a few o be cooked by their dad.

However, like everyone, I sometimes feel bored of kitchen or there are times when other works call for my attention more. In that case, either my husband and daughters take the charge or we order food from outside.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

I  can cook small things like Omelettes . But I do not how to cook special items like Chicken. On the whole I can manage when my wife is away for a brief period

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.