There are four types of marriages: monogamy, polygyny (polygymy), polyandry, and group marriage. Monogamy is one wife, one husband. Polygyny is one husband, several wives. Polyandry is one wife, several husbands. Group marriage is by far the rarest and has never been the prevailing form of marriage in any known society.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are four types of marriages: monogamy, polygyny (polygymy), polyandry, and group marriage. Monogamy is one wife, one husband. Polygyny is one husband, several wives. Polyandry is one wife, several husbands. Group marriage is by far the rarest and has never been the prevailing form of marriage in any known society.

I am hearing this for the first time. So far, I have thought that there are 2 types of marriages which are as follows

1. Love Marriage
2. Arranged Marriage

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

I am hearing this for the first time. So far, I have thought that there are 2 types of marriages which are as follows

1. Love Marriage
2. Arranged Marriage

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Is it a comedy? :woohoo: :silly:

In old books and mythology it's told so about marriages

Meera sandhu

1. Love Marriage
2. Arranged Marriage

The type of marriages you said in Hindu mythologies are different.
In Polygyny, men should posses good amount of wealth to look after his wives , but his wives have an advantage by sharing their household works with the rest of the ladies in the house. Disadvantage is that they are just seen as an object. Sometimes fight arises due to jealously between the man and anyone of the wife.

In Polyandry , the case is girl may marry in a family of many brothers. So even when one brother dies , the girl has another man to look after. It used to happen in Tibet, Sri Lanka and Nepal.

Renu :)

Group marriages were the norm in the ancient society and even today in many tribes in Africa and India . We see that the evolution of society and man went through many different kinds family and marriage ( mating) arrangements before it took on the present more organised family arrangement. Things might change with time, one can never say...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

1. Love Marriage
2. Arranged Marriage

If this is comedy, see this in real life. facts are sometimes stranger than fiction. There is a place where a woman marries as many as ten persons.

http://in.screen.yahoo.com/weird-true-facts-053000664.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

FOur types of marriages how is it possible we can see some of them in our society. But dont know the names of them now it is clear.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I dont know if you would call it group marriage but in some sections of our society a girl married in a family is common wife of all members of all male members. The reasons are strange but not unreal, by the way the area where Hastinapur was supposed to be situated around NCR area.
And if you think that group marriage means that everyone in the group is married to everyone else in the group; can be described as "poly polygamous" but can not be called polygamy really

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

1. Love Marriage
2. Arranged Marriage

If this is comedy, see this in real life. facts are sometimes stranger than fiction. There is a place where a woman marries as many as ten persons.

http://in.screen.yahoo.com/weird-true-facts-053000664.html

Right now this tradition is seen only in Muraina, MP. But seeing that the number of girls is declining sharply in proportion to the boys, it may very well become the norm of the day everywhere else!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

These may be the different types of marriage but we don't see such types in our society. It was in ancient times when King used to have several queens but hardly it is seen today moreover the group marriage to I have not seen anywhere yet but everything is possible. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.