Dr. Ashok Rajgopal, chairman of the Bone and Joint Institute in Medanta- The Medcity claimed that yoga can harm a person's knees and force them to undergo surgeries.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dr. Ashok Rajgopal warned the regular yoga followers that some exercises may cause wear and tear of bone joints. He also claimed to have performed knee replacement surgery on several leading yoga gurus.
Doing deep knee bends on a regular basis may dislocate the knee joints and put pressure on the knees.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I agree. It is okay to walk and job. The Yoga exercises can lead to complications if these are performed without expert guidance.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes,I agree, some of the exercises may harm the knees and finally it leads to surgery for getting re-leaf from knee pain.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You are right Gulshan. It is always good to have a trainee and perform the exercises in the presence of the expert.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
For a normal person its not wise to stretch like yoga experts.I think normal stretching exercises are good to be in shape.And comparatively easier exercises in yoga should be done on a regular basis.
Knee harm problem may mostly occur for the aged persons only.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I think a thread was already floated with the title "Yoga hurts knees".Thanks for the information,Deepti. :) :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.