Ramkrishna Paramhansa was the spiritual Guru of Narendranath, who lateron became Swami Vivekananda. Whom do you consider to be greater, Vivekananda or his Guru?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Both are incomparable.It is like asking whether you like food or water?.It is good we take the good preachings from both of them.
Please go through Swami Vivekanada's work and I am sure you would find the answer!
Swami vivekanand was a better orator and had communication/ writing skills. So he reached more people. We need read Swami Vivikanand for better understanding. Moreover thoughts are more important than an individual thinker. There is nothing to choose. You may read any learned celebrity and absorb the thoughts. I reiterate that thoughts and not individuals are important. The moment you begin giving more importance to individuals, personalities gain more significance and thoughts become secondary. wine is more important than bottle. similarly, thoughts are more important than thinker.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is clear that both are incomparable though swamji always gave his guru and his gurus wife the credit.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Both are incomparable.It is like asking whether you like food or water?.It is good we take the good preachings from both of them.[/quote]
well said. I too have Swami Vivekananda's books but still I am in problem. My ideas are colliding with each other.
Narendra Nath Dutta was transformed into Swami Vivekanada by Ramakrishna Paramhansa and his disciple spread the message of Vedanta throughout the world!How can we think of Swamji without his spiritual mentor Ramakrishna Paramhansa!!
I too have a good collection of books and stories from Shri Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda. :) :)
I had heard both of them.I think the Guru Ramakrishna Paramahamsa is greater than Vivekaknanda.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.