P T Usha, one of India's best-known athletes and the queen of Indian track, has not been invited for the opening ceremony of Commonwealth Games, the biggest sporting event in Delhi, since the 1982 Asian Games.

Usha said, "Commonwealth Games Organising Committee have not invited me for the inauguration function, and many other sports persons, who made India proud, have also not been invited."

Where as, the CWG Organising Committee have said that since Usha was already a part of the contingent as Luka's coach, so a seperate invitation was not sent.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is time that India pay some attention and give respect to the sports persons of the country. :(
Controversies are going on.It is sad that the Golden Girl of India was not invited for such a mega event.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
It is really sad that India disrespects all the sports persons who struggle so hard for bringing up their country's pride.

Remember the incident when Viswanathan Anand was denied Doctrate due to the controvesy of dual citizenship. :( :(
Its very bad on the part of sports ministry that they neglect such great athelete who struggle hard to bring pride to our country and they are neglected....

only cricketers are given due respect....
Yes thats true. I have seen this in news.... And she is busy in training many for the CWG.... :) Thats the spirit.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Shocking enough! She is one of our great achievers and deserves much better!
how event preciders have forgotten such an great player who won many medals in many games in many countires!!!!!
dont worry USHA ji ... w8 for the next CWG...........lolz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's very well said,Rohit! Perhaps,Usha has forgotten that it's India what we call Bharat!!!
I think it is very bad..however after so much controversies i think she must have though to be Lucky.. ;) :)

I saw Malleswari(weight lifter)..hope atleast she got some invitation.. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.