Belated recognition being conferred posthumously is not an uncommon phenomenon and the latest to join this list is the French Artist Clude Monet.This founder of the French impressionist school of painting had the honor of this movement being named after one of his celebrated paintings 'Impression'.A major exhibition of his work will take place at the Grand Palais from September 22,2010, to january 24,2011.
220px_Claude_Monet_Impression_soleil_levant_1872.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks for sharing Chinmoy! Claude Monet was a brilliant painter who earned little recognition for most of his career.
Its indeed a positive sign that he is being recognized now when the media created hype considers anything that is beautiful as having no meaning while praising useless rubbish that is modern art!

Monet is more known for painting his signature landscapes of the garden he himself created with lovely little bridges and water lilies.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Oh..this painting is really a live one.What a reality it shows!!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing the information.The paintings are really awesome. :)
Thanks Kalyani for providing very good information and this breath-taking work of the master!
That is really very great works from him..

Here goes some more works that almost look real... :)

Here goes another one...This is also amazing work..looks almost real. :) Thanks for sharing chinmoy.. :cheer:

A brilliant one from the immortal painter! Thanks Rajani for putting it here!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.