Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Someone I know comes from a lower middle class family, but has a steady job earning Rs 9,000 per month. They belong to Scheduled tribe and here is a list of benefits they have got so far !
1, Free site measuring 3 cents (1008 sq ft)
2, Building expenses taken care of to the tune of 1 lakh 50 thousand rupees
3 ,Free electric wiring and all fixtures including bulbs and 2 fans
4, Free Water Supply + a overhead syntex tank
5, Free Gas connection with a single burner stove ( will have to pay for gas cylinders at a subsidised rate)
6, Subsidised Electric charges - Rs 175 per month regardless of how much they consume
7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG
8, Free schooling for two children with a lump sum of Rs 2000 paid at the beginning of every school year
Then of course the other reservations and all other benefits...

I am not exaggerating ! This is a fact and we the tax payers have to bear the expenses ( directly or indirectly)

India's poverty alleviation programs have miserably failed to make any impact on the lives of the marginalised section of our society mainly because of the delivery mechanisms are in the hands of political sharks. Even late Rajiv Gandhi condemned his own class for gobbling the meat of all these programs. And the scenario has changed very little in this regard. The ambitious Food Security Bill is another instance how political dividends have guided the launch of this dubious exercise. The government by its own admission claims that the proposed bill would take care the food needs of 80% of the populace. This is terrible! Let the government come up with a white paper on success and failures of all these programs launched ever since Independence.

Very true ! Every single programe or scheme that was coined by the congress government was fuest of all half baked and never took off so to say because of corruption. Contrary to what most people say about Indira Gandhi being an able leader , in fact she institutionalised corruption in a big way and of course all other politicians regardless of what party they belonged to followed suit ..

@Usha

Here I would share one personal experience involving the ration-shop dealers - a pivot of the Public Distribution System. I was travelling to New Delhi in the same compartment which was packed with ration-shop dealers of West Bengal on their way to attend a so-called conference to be held in the national capital. I was privy to a few interesting pieces of conversations among them. After liberally feeding themselves with choicest of food and drinks at mid night ,they screamed in a united chorus " Duniyer Chor EK Hoy' rendered in English 'All Robbers and Thieves, Unite"!!!!!!!

Well, they said it themselves!! :blink: :blink: Their tribe is the same all over the country! I am not sure whether it is the case in other states but in Maharashtra the students in government schools are provided with midday meals consisting mainly of rice and dal khichdi. There are contractors who win contracts to provide khichadi daily by submitting tenders, a process rift with corruption as we all know and they are given large quantities of rice for cooking. These guys sell that rice meant for poor children and earn profits for themselves. I personally know one such person who sells 100 kilos rice on a daily basis!

Yes, they were honest for a change to admit to thieving and robbing coming under the heady influence of their choicest hard drinks and believe me I felt very impressed with that !!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10620]}

:woohoo: :woohoo: Like they, drunkards will only speak the truth and nothing else!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Someone I know comes from a lower middle class family, but has a steady job earning Rs 9,000 per month. They belong to Scheduled tribe and here is a list of benefits they have got so far !
5, Free Gas connection with a single burner stove ( will have to pay for gas cylinders at a subsidised rate)
6, Subsidised Electric charges - Rs 175 per month regardless of how much they consume
7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG
8, Free schooling for two children with a lump sum of Rs 2000 paid at the beginning of every school year

I am not exaggerating ! This is a fact and we the tax payers have to bear the expenses ( directly or indirectly)

India's poverty alleviation programs have miserably failed to make any impact on the lives of the marginalised section of our society mainly because of the delivery mechanisms are in the hands of political sharks. Even late Rajiv Gandhi condemned his own class for gobbling the meat of all these programs. And the scenario has changed very little in this regard. The ambitious Food Security Bill is another instance how political dividends have guided the launch of this dubious exercise. The government by its own admission claims that the proposed bill would take care the food needs of 80% of the populace. This is terrible! Let the government come up with a white paper on success and failures of all these programs launched ever since Independence.

Very true ! Every single programe or scheme that was coined by the congress government was fuest of all half baked and never took off so to say because of corruption. Contrary to what most people say about Indira Gandhi being an able leader , in fact she institutionalised corruption in a big way and of course all other politicians regardless of what party they belonged to followed suit ..

@Usha

Here I would share one personal experience involving the ration-shop dealers - a pivot of the Public Distribution System. I was travelling to New Delhi in the same compartment which was packed with ration-shop dealers of West Bengal on their way to attend a so-called conference to be held in the national capital. I was privy to a few interesting pieces of conversations among them. After liberally feeding themselves with choicest of food and drinks at mid night ,they screamed in a united chorus " Duniyer Chor EK Hoy' rendered in English 'All Robbers and Thieves, Unite"!!!!!!!

Well, they said it themselves!! :blink: :blink: Their tribe is the same all over the country! I am not sure whether it is the case in other states but in Maharashtra the students in government schools are provided with midday meals consisting mainly of rice and dal khichdi. There are contractors who win contracts to provide khichadi daily by submitting tenders, a process rift with corruption as we all know and they are given large quantities of rice for cooking. These guys sell that rice meant for poor children and earn profits for themselves. I personally know one such person who sells 100 kilos rice on a daily basis!

Yes, they were honest for a change to admit to thieving and robbing coming under the heady influence of their choicest hard drinks and believe me I felt very impressed with that !!

:woohoo: :woohoo: Like they, drunkards will only speak the truth and nothing else!

LOL I too feel that drunkards always speak the truth ... :laugh:
smiley4_2013-05-14-2.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG

@Usha

Dangerous suggestions, indeed! What do you suggest? Should we make all these congenital liars
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10622]}
- drunkards to fish out the real thing!!!
7, Rice at Rs 2/ per KG

@Usha

Dangerous suggestions, indeed! What do you suggest? Should we make all these congenital liars
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10622]}
- drunkards to fish out the real thing!!!

Well, since we cannot lay our hands on the real truth serum, we might as well make use of what is available so easily!!!! HEE HEE HEE! :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.