Right To Education Act Comes Into Effect From Today!!!!

Every child between Age group 6 - 14 has Right to education...

Great move by Indian Central Government and Our Prime Minister.....

Are we ready for a BRIGHT INDIA?? Jai Hind!!!
Comment!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, which was passed by Parliament in August last year, provides for free and compulsory education as a fundamental right of every child in the 6-14 age group and earmarks 25 per cent seats to children from economically weaker sections in private schools.

Its a very very good move!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Thanks Deepti for highlighting this revolutionary move on the part of the government.It was long overdue. The Right to Schooling now being made a Fundamental one would have far-reaching effects on our literacy map.I hope all the members would enthusiastically participate in this.
Yeah... This bill was first passed in 2005... finally got approved and is effect from today!!!!!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Today is All Fools Day. We are all fools. So, we need education to cure us of our ignorance and follies. Hence, it is so nice that Right to Education comes int effect from today- all fools Day.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

great to hear all this info.....surely,going to change indian education system
It's a great move from Govt. of India. I hope this act would be implemented with full dedication and sincerity without any political motive.

Education is essential for every one. Both individual and country get benefited . If we want to materialized vision-2020 , we have to ensure education should reach to every one without any discrimination.

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
@Kumaresh

I call it revolutionary because I always feel and maintain that lack of education goes to the very root of all our problems and it is should have been a fundamental right since our Independence.And had it been made so then things would have been much better today.The government has woken up to it late,then it is better late than never!
This is really revolutionary since the at last the government got the courage to control private schools in the country. The law also states there should not be any interview for kids as well as there parents. It is really a welcome move. I really dont know what they mean by interviewing a 3 year old kid before admitting to pre-KG classes. But the Government should make enough publicity for the law so that it reaches to the low level of the society.
Another great piece of pragmatic thinking is the provision for quality scrutiny of these private schools on a continuous basis which are notorious for overcharging students and underpaying their teaching staff.Similarly provision banning corporal punishement is another welcome move.
The provision for banning corporal punishment is welcome. However, discipline in schools must be enforced. If even mild caning is prohibited, the responsibility for discipline must be shifted to parents. The school authorities should daily write message in a diary about child's performance, behavior and indiscipline. The parents may, if necessary use cane on the child.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.