Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I like to go for temples, But i like to when temples become free,because in rush we cant see god freely at all.

In some temples like Tirumala one can never see God freely, in fact you may never get a chance to see the statue properly as you are shunted out, this after going through all those passages before reaching the sanctum...It is quite an experience ! :huh:

true, while I visited years before there was a great rush at the bus stand and they used to issue one ticket for one person in the Que. I reached to the temple with great expectancy but felt disappointed seeing the big lines on different gates with rates of admission written on them. I walked through the campus and came back after some time without reaching to the proper place. I saw many people getting their heads shaved and Laddus selling as prasadam.

The best part about Tirupathy is its location which is very scenic and there are some nice things to see there like a dam built high on the hills and a waterfall.One can also walk around on the hilly paths, I found that much more interesting and during the winter months the weather too is ideal with nights being very cold and misty.We stayed there at the guest house which was very good , the temple of course was the most disappointing , I guess only the celebrities get to spend enough time there.
One of my friends had gone there on the day Amitabh , Abhishek,Aishwariya and others had visited for a pooja and the temple was closed for other visitors for more than 2 hours :ohmy: that is God and religion!

This has happened with me many times, I once visited Kamakhya temple in Guwahati where there was so much blood flowing on the floor where we are supposed to wait while in que, that was due to sacrificing goats in public view. I could not stand the scene and came back without entering the temple. The prasad we bought, was offered to Kamakhya at the back wall of the temple if she accepted it!!

I have seen this practice in some temples of Uttrakhand too and its been practiced since ages and still the people have so much of blind faith in this ritual. The very sight of such sacrifices in the temple premises makes you feel bad.

Live in the present :)
I like to go for temples, But i like to when temples become free,because in rush we cant see god freely at all.

In some temples like Tirumala one can never see God freely, in fact you may never get a chance to see the statue properly as you are shunted out, this after going through all those passages before reaching the sanctum...It is quite an experience ! :huh:

true, while I visited years before there was a great rush at the bus stand and they used to issue one ticket for one person in the Que. I reached to the temple with great expectancy but felt disappointed seeing the big lines on different gates with rates of admission written on them. I walked through the campus and came back after some time without reaching to the proper place. I saw many people getting their heads shaved and Laddus selling as prasadam.

The best part about Tirupathy is its location which is very scenic and there are some nice things to see there like a dam built high on the hills and a waterfall.One can also walk around on the hilly paths, I found that much more interesting and during the winter months the weather too is ideal with nights being very cold and misty.We stayed there at the guest house which was very good , the temple of course was the most disappointing , I guess only the celebrities get to spend enough time there.
One of my friends had gone there on the day Amitabh , Abhishek,Aishwariya and others had visited for a pooja and the temple was closed for other visitors for more than 2 hours :ohmy: that is God and religion!

This has happened with me many times, I once visited Kamakhya temple in Guwahati where there was so much blood flowing on the floor where we are supposed to wait while in que, that was due to sacrificing goats in public view. I could not stand the scene and came back without entering the temple. The prasad we bought, was offered to Kamakhya at the back wall of the temple if she accepted it!!

I have seen this practice in some temples of Uttrakhand too and its been practiced since ages and still the people have so much of blind faith in this ritual. The very sight of such sacrifices in the temple premises makes you feel bad.

I have never come across this in south Indian temples .There is no animal sacrifice at all in any of the major temples , except the rush and the long waiting which puts you off..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Last week, a family from Trivandrum came here to visit Guruvayur temple. When they were to leave, I plucked some thulsi leaves and asked them to offer at Guruvayur temple. I know well, Kannan loves Krishna tulsi a lot. But, they were not allowed to take that tulsi leaves inside temple. Reason, nothing from outside is allowed to give Bhagavan as our offerings. Only those things bought from temple...flowers, banana, agar bathi, oil or anything. Pure business!!! Nothing else.
My hubby is saying.....Devaswam has crores of investments in banks itself and the way they behave with bank managers....it seems they are the real owners of that money.

I have seen many temples accepting only gold and cash from outside otherwise every other offering should be bought from the shopping complex inside. Unless people would learn it on their own, no one is going to convince them that temples are one of the biggest business centers of this country and trustees and priests have billions of their own.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Last week, a family from Trivandrum came here to visit Guruvayur temple. When they were to leave, I plucked some thulsi leaves and asked them to offer at Guruvayur temple. I know well, Kannan loves Krishna tulsi a lot. But, they were not allowed to take that tulsi leaves inside temple. Reason, nothing from outside is allowed to give Bhagavan as our offerings. Only those things bought from temple...flowers, banana, agar bathi, oil or anything. Pure business!!! Nothing else.
My hubby is saying.....Devaswam has crores of investments in banks itself and the way they behave with bank managers....it seems they are the real owners of that money.

I have seen many temples accepting only gold and cash from outside otherwise every other offering should be bought from the shopping complex inside. Unless people would learn it on their own, no one is going to convince them that temples are one of the biggest business centers of this country and trustees and priests have billions of their own.

Is it ? I have never been in such a temple which requires you to be somewhat elitist. Even the Sirdi temple of Sai Baba in Maharashtra has huge and magnificent alms and gold donation.

Live in the present :)
The practice of animal sacrifice is mostly in Kali temple. This will not be in Vaishno Devi, Vishnu and Hanuman temples. I witnessed animal sacrifice in Rajrappa Temple in Hazaribagh District of Jharkhand. There is such sacrifice in Pashupatinath temple in Nepal also.

Any one uneasy with animal sacrifice need not visit such temples.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The practice of animal sacrifice is mostly in Kali temple. This will not be in Vaishno Devi, Vishnu and Hanuman temples. I witnessed animal sacrifice in Rajrappa Temple in Hazaribagh District of Jharkhand. There is such sacrifice in Pashupatinath temple in Nepal also.

Many temples of Kerala practised animal sacrifices.......hen sacrifices years ago. Now, they are just selling them instead of butchering. It's really nice

Yes, Kali temples...
Let me tell you, there is one Duryodhana temple in Kollam where this sacrifice was widely practised. But, now, just selling them.

Meera sandhu

Yes I have seen both Rajrappa, where I visited from Ramgarh Cantt and Pashupatinath in Nepal. I found both of them cruel but that is tradition. The same happens in Kali temple in Sadar, Meerut also.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In every corner of India we find lots of temple.I also like to visit the temples wherever I go.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Yes I have seen both Rajrappa, where I visited from Ramgarh Cantt and Pashupatinath in Nepal. I found both of them cruel but that is tradition. The same happens in Kali temple in Sadar, Meerut also.

I had also visited Rajrappa temple with an office colleague. He was a Bengali and considered that any new vehicle should first be taken to Rajrappa. I had purchased a new scooter and gone with him to that temple. I saw from roof of the temple the spectacle of animal sacrifice and flow of blood.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.