16 killed, several injured in stampede in Haridwar.
At least 16 people, mostly women, were killed and several others injured in a stampede during a religious ceremony attended by tens of thousands of devotees near Har Ki Pauri in Haridwar on Tuesday.

The stampede occurred when the people tried to enter the Yajnashala at Chandidweep Ghat on

the banks of Ganga for the centenary celebrations of Pt Shriram Sharma, the founder of Shatikunj Ashram.

The southern gate of the Laljiwala camp at Gaurishankar dweep (island) near Har ki pauri broke down when the crowd jostled to attend 1551 kundi yajna at about 10.30am.
At all other three gates made in north, east and west direction, people entered at normal pace but as most of them were living in camps near southern gate, the crowd became unmanageable.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My mother was also in that croud but thank God she is safe really its very painful.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

this is a disaster.such things are increasing day by day in our country.something has to be done to put an end to this.

santhosh...i hope your mother is allright.....
There should be proper arrangement to handle huge crowd of people in order to avoid such accidents.
Accidents often occur when large crowds gather for any purpose. The gathering at religious places is often numerous and the crowds become unmanageable.

The authorities should ensure that there should be restriction on size of gathering and arrangements should be checked beforehand when large crowds gather for religious or any other reason.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The road of Haridwar are too narrow for such a crowd and it is high time that the State govt. and municipality look at it. There should also be adequate security arrangements to control the large crowd that is seen in Haridwar, especially on auspicous days. Very sad incidence though.
Yes authorities should be more careful in this matter.We should avoid this type of myth also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Yes yesterday i saw in news this is a tragedy 16 people died and many were injured.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

This is really bad to hear. I wish the people who got injured should recover soon

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

This is not first time such incidents happen and i was really very upset to hear that people died. I hope there should be some precautions to stop such mishaps.
It is very bad that people just become wild and uncontrollable if such gathering.

I was also upset when i visited tirupathi recently, i got nausea feeling and couldnt consume food for whole day due to the crowd in queue. There was lot of pushing in the queue and small children started crying after sometime. It is pathetic situation and I felt do we need such effort to see god who is already in our heart.
This incident was a horrible one. Holi place like Haridwar will witness such accident, was never ever thought by anyone. This is truely a sad news.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.