this is the question asked by every indian after the olympics.even we had enough population strength, but still we got totally only five medals in last three olympics...
2000-bronze(1)
2004-silver(1)
2008-gold(1),bronze(2)

what is reason for such poverty in getting the medals..?
please share your opinions and also your ideas to increase number of medals
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its because of us only Vivekm.Because we are not supporting others sports like athlete. Did you see any stadium full for this sports event. We all of us concentrating in one game "Cricket", But one good news i can feel some change in people. They are concentrating in "Football".
yeah.. you are right parthiban.. but we should also think about our government and sports ministry in this issue..
as you see yesterday in ipl auction, many players get money in crores just for a year and that too playing in a season of two months on ipl.
but three weeks ago, our hockey players are struggled for just getting 25000 money..
this is the one best example for such issue in our country
yes. I agree with parthiban's comments. The popularity and importance for cricket is 98% and the remaining games are getting only 2%. That's why we are not able to achieve great heights in any other sports.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
vivekm wrote:
[quote]
but three weeks ago, our hockey players are struggled for just getting 25000 money..
this is the one best example for such issue in our country[/quote]

Nice said Vivekm. Each and every one has to think about this.Really nice one which myself made to feel sad of our own country movement.
We have no good facility to create a medal winner.Years ago my state's star runner PT Usha was there.After her some juniors are coming.Not reached yet.
Government is more focusing only on cricket and sponsors also so that is the reason we should have another budget for all players
There is lack of interest in sports and keenness to be winner. There is also nepotism. We may get very good sportsmen from Arunachal Pradesh, Naga Land, other North East states and tribals in Jharkhand and Madhya Pradesh. These potential sportsment can give us even 100 medals if properly trained. But owing to corruption and nepotism, the relatives and rich people get nominations. The result is paucity of medals.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think my state has all the potentials to develop good sportsmen and women.But it lack facilities of training.Here India's proud Mrs.P.T.Usha started a school of Athletics for emerging athlets.But fund is the problem to run the same.Her students are the winners in many national level contests.But they should get international experience and training also in this period itself to bag medals in Olympics.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
The main reason for india being so behind in olympics is the lack of preparation. and for this there r several reasons, the main being the lack of initiatives - initiatiives by the talented to get to the platform, initiatives by the govt to find the talented. It becomes the duty of the govt to do efforts to find the talent to be represented. china being the most gold medal winner has started the preparation for the next olympics immediately on the end of the last olympics, but india isn't learning anything from that. also india isn't learning anything from the mistakes made in the previous olympic games
HI guys ,

Please read and take it in sportive manner.Well guys all of them are writing article in IPL 2010 ,Because thats the hot news in internet and in world too. Its okay but why you guys not showing important to others sports news in INDIA. If we change all will be changed.I read a article created by lohit about IPL 2010. It was great writeup and the presentation makes us to read happy.
See the article "http://www.boddunan.com/games-a-sports/14-Cricket/10388-indian-premier-league.html".

If we write article same as above for other sports.Surely India will be top in Olympic.

In boddunan self you can see the answer for the reason .

We change surrounding will change .

I love all types of game . I used to support all the teams. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.