Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
If we take the Indian woman into account - the traditional woman, she will never approve of her husband drinking. Those families with strong cultural roots will never do so. It is the men who are more likely to fall for wine than women. And that's why the fairer sex is mostly unhappy.

I am not sure but the way the traditions are changing, I will not be surprised if a survey tells me that women don't mind their husbands' drinks. It is the money they can earn, that matters. Drinks are part of the upper class and middle class society. And it's not gender specific but only quantity that matters in case of women.

Traditions are not changing as fast as we think. India will remain in its traditional setup for many years to come. One or two cases will not prove that women will relish their husbands habits of drinking. Even today, there are many from the rich families who have to offer thousand excuses for joining a drink party to their wives.

I know your part of the world is still following great Indian traditions but we cannot say the same for all parts of this country.

Do you think Uttaranchal , Jharkhand , Madhya Pradesh etc of other side of my world are the reflections of ultra modernity ? Aha ha. This part or that part, this Bharat. Even in Bangalore, the silicon valley of India which is in my part of the world, there are divorces only because if husbands' addiction to liquor.

No arguments on this topic with my bigbro. ;)

Dear Munna, you know your big bro always relishes healthy and sound arguments from his Munna. You have a point. And I have one. So let's put them forward. Other members may benefit from such arguments. Cheers and love.

In that case, I must say that states you mentioned have big number of tribal population where even ladies booze equally with men folk. As far traditions, Indian traditions never banned 'Sura Paan' . Even our gods liked their drinks, modestly or heavily, I am not aware.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

If we take the Indian woman into account - the traditional woman, she will never approve of her husband drinking. Those families with strong cultural roots will never do so. It is the men who are more likely to fall for wine than women. And that's why the fairer sex is mostly unhappy.

I am not sure but the way the traditions are changing, I will not be surprised if a survey tells me that women don't mind their husbands' drinks. It is the money they can earn, that matters. Drinks are part of the upper class and middle class society. And it's not gender specific but only quantity that matters in case of women.

Traditions are not changing as fast as we think. India will remain in its traditional setup for many years to come. One or two cases will not prove that women will relish their husbands habits of drinking. Even today, there are many from the rich families who have to offer thousand excuses for joining a drink party to their wives.

I know your part of the world is still following great Indian traditions but we cannot say the same for all parts of this country.

Do you think Uttaranchal , Jharkhand , Madhya Pradesh etc of other side of my world are the reflections of ultra modernity ? Aha ha. This part or that part, this Bharat. Even in Bangalore, the silicon valley of India which is in my part of the world, there are divorces only because if husbands' addiction to liquor.

Dear Munna, you know your big bro always relishes healthy and sound arguments from his Munna. You have a point. And I have one. So let's put them forward. Other members may benefit from such arguments. Cheers and love.

In that case, I must say that states you mentioned have big number of tribal population where even ladies booze equally with men folk. As far traditions, Indian traditions never banned 'Sura Paan' . Even our gods liked their drinks, modestly or heavily, I am not aware.

Yes Sura Paan was given place as one of the norms of hospitality like "Tambool" in our mythologies. In Telangana (some parts) both sexes booze when there is a death in the family. That's how they express grief,

Yes Sura Paan was given place as one of the norms of hospitality like "Tambool" in our mythologies. In Telangana (some parts) both sexes booze when there is a death in the family. That's how they express grief,

When on the subject most women in NE drink Juhi, Ruksi the rice made domestic drinks of different capacities of intoxication but Tambul (fresh betel nut) is most dangerous in its raw form it can send hard core drinkers off their feet. I had it once and slept on a rock for 5 hours in Shilong once.

When on the subject most women in NE drink Juhi, Ruksi the rice made domestic drinks of different capacities of intoxication but Tambul (fresh betel nut) is most dangerous in its raw form it can send hard core drinkers off their feet. I had it once and slept on a rock for 5 hours in Shilong once.

Tambul is a combination of Betel leaf, betel nut and saffron. If made properly, it wont intoxicate.

Tambul is a combination of Betel leaf, betel nut and saffron. If made properly, it wont intoxicate.

I know but they use betel nut and leaf with little lime only and the betel nut is always fresh from the tree which is called Tambul there in NE and very intoxicating in that form. It's the same in all seven states of the area.

I know but they use betel nut and leaf with little lime only and the betel nut is always fresh from the tree which is called Tambul there in NE and very intoxicating in that form. It's the same in all seven states of the area.

Betel nut in the unprocessed form is strong. I tasted in Gauhati while I was on my way to Haflang to entertain the Indian Jawans with other members at the border. It's known as GUA is it ? Gauhati is famous for it. But anyway in Traditional Tambool this raw nut is not used. It will be used in its mildest form after processing and perfuming. We use the ringed slices of the nut drenched in saline water. Much of the venom is taken out.
I guess most people end up being lose tongued and generally happy after having more than 3 or 4 drinks ...Although I have a glass or two of wine occassionally I have never had the experience of being happy and high LOL.... But I have seen women getting high at some pubs and it can be a sorry sight since they re unable to handle themselves ...

I too have a glass of wine occasionally and find it really relaxing and soothing. But people who are unable to handle even beer can be a sorry sight irrespective of sex, have seen both during our annual parties...some are quite entertaining while most are downright disgusting and nauseous!

One of my friends had a hilarious experience that happened to her.Once she went to a pub for lunch with a couple of her collaeagues on a week day and when one of them suggested that they have a cocktail she agreed although she normally sticks only to a glass or two of wine and had 3 cocktails in a row since it tasted good almost like fruit juice and she knew she was high by the end of it .Just then someone who she couldn't focus on came to the table and asked what the matter was and she asked this person to get lost since it was not his concern only to see that it was her husband LOL...He of course helped her reach home and took a promise never to have more than two drinks in a public place !
I feel that unless you are sure of yourself and are able to handle drinks you should refrain from drinking in public places ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

After a bitter experience of over prattling during my early drinking sessions, I stopped drinking. If I feel like having a drink once in a while, that will be well within my house.

This is as much my part of the world as yours. I have lived there for more than 6 years and still own a piece of land in Bangalore.

This is as much my part of the world as yours. I have lived there for more than 6 years and still own a piece of land in Bangalore.

Then you must have known that irrespective of the part where we live, entire India is tradition bound. Tradition is not that easy to get rid of. If a few pockets in the country appear to have freed themselves from traditions,, it's not the real index.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.