Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am not sure but the way the traditions are changing, I will not be surprised if a survey tells me that women don't mind their husbands' drinks. It is the money they can earn, that matters. Drinks are part of the upper class and middle class society. And it's not gender specific but only quantity that matters in case of women.

Traditions are not changing as fast as we think. India will remain in its traditional setup for many years to come. One or two cases will not prove that women will relish their husbands habits of drinking. Even today, there are many from the rich families who have to offer thousand excuses for joining a drink party to their wives.

I know your part of the world is still following great Indian traditions but we cannot say the same for all parts of this country.

Do you think Uttaranchal , Jharkhand , Madhya Pradesh etc of other side of my world are the reflections of ultra modernity ? Aha ha. This part or that part, this Bharat. Even in Bangalore, the silicon valley of India which is in my part of the world, there are divorces only because if husbands' addiction to liquor.

This is as much my part of the world as yours. I have lived there for more than 6 years and still own a piece of land in Bangalore.

Then you must have known that irrespective of the part where we live, entire India is tradition bound. Tradition is not that easy to get rid of. If a few pockets in the country appear to have freed themselves from traditions,, it's not the real index.

For your information dear big bro- Bangalore is as good a place as Delhi or Mumbai where women and men both go to pubs or throw such parties very regularly.

Why you are going up to Bangalore ? In a metropolis like Vzag is having Pubs, Hookah centres are very much there participated by both sexes. It was only yesterday a Hookah centre in Hyderabad was raided where 3 minors along with many men and women were arrested
Major source of state government revenue comes from these shops, and for this in many states liquor shops are there and in some states government has opened its own outlets which is surprising though.

For any state government liquor shops are the main revenue generators. In AP too state government issues licenses on auction basis to the liquor shops.
Father of nation al ways not in favor for liquor shops as he thought it will destroy the society but governments are promoting these shops now.[/quote]

Who will hear father of nation?. No body cared to hear mahatma during is last days then.In order to run the state there is no option left for the governments but to allow the liquor business.[/quote] many families are ruined and soiled due to liquor business. Empathetic government should go for conscience and try to stop these destructive business.[/quote]

It never happens. Do you think governments will kill the duck that lays golden eggs ?[/quote]

Which government can stop liquor business in the world, Look at Iran which is officially Booze free
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/forbidden-drink-why-alcoholism-is-soaring-in-officially-booze-free-iran/259120/[/quote] if I am right Gujrat is liquor free state and it is going in right direction.[/quote]

Ask any Gujrati to know the truth, boozing is as common as in any other state but they only pay extra to black marketers.[/quote] With prohibition, there is the sense of fear among liquor shop owner to continue their sell.[/quote]

Liquor is not available in open shops but with smugglers who do it in perfect coordination with whosoever matters. No, it makes no difference to people who sell or buy illicit arms, booze, cocaine, other drugs etc etc.[/quote]

ln places where army canteens are there, canteen staff and local smugglers work in tandem. here the stuff is free from taxes. this provision is well utised by the local people to sell at higher prices, where prohibition is in force.[/quote]

Even I have seen bottles of RUM in Uttrakhand sold decades back when I was there and liquor was prohibited. Every evening a truck full of liquor would arrive and sold within minutes.[/quote]

In AP people think Prohibition in religious places like Tirupati is strictly implemented. Devotees who stay in hired cottages will get Johnny walkers and Chivas Regal through the cottage boys.[/quote]

I wish they had better choice than these ordinary brands. They have so much money and still drink so cheap brands?[/quote]

In a place where liquor is not permitted, even a wayside packet of hooch looks like god for whose darshan the devotees(?) they came.[/quote]

As you said in another thread, all opinions go together- May be it is one such case of self styled opinions. Let them live with their choice of POOJA.[/quote]

Sure, they live together and they continue to be the subjects of such discussions[/quote]

As long as we are not objecting to their style of Pooja, yes they can.[/quote]

No objections what soever. They are the presentations of the contemporary scenario.[/quote]
The funniest part of the contemporary scenario is that they will not listen to your objections but you'll be considered old fashioned. I know you are not old fashioned.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I am not sure but the way the traditions are changing, I will not be surprised if a survey tells me that women don't mind their husbands' drinks. It is the money they can earn, that matters. Drinks are part of the upper class and middle class society. And it's not gender specific but only quantity that matters in case of women.

Traditions are not changing as fast as we think. India will remain in its traditional setup for many years to come. One or two cases will not prove that women will relish their husbands habits of drinking. Even today, there are many from the rich families who have to offer thousand excuses for joining a drink party to their wives.

I know your part of the world is still following great Indian traditions but we cannot say the same for all parts of this country.

Do you think Uttaranchal , Jharkhand , Madhya Pradesh etc of other side of my world are the reflections of ultra modernity ? Aha ha. This part or that part, this Bharat. Even in Bangalore, the silicon valley of India which is in my part of the world, there are divorces only because if husbands' addiction to liquor.

This is as much my part of the world as yours. I have lived there for more than 6 years and still own a piece of land in Bangalore.

Then you must have known that irrespective of the part where we live, entire India is tradition bound. Tradition is not that easy to get rid of. If a few pockets in the country appear to have freed themselves from traditions,, it's not the real index.

For your information dear big bro- Bangalore is as good a place as Delhi or Mumbai where women and men both go to pubs or throw such parties very regularly.

Why you are going up to Bangalore ? In a metropolis like Vzag is having Pubs, Hookah centres are very much there participated by both sexes. It was only yesterday a Hookah centre in Hyderabad was raided where 3 minors along with many men and women were arrested
Major source of state government revenue comes from these shops, and for this in many states liquor shops are there and in some states government has opened its own outlets which is surprising though.

For any state government liquor shops are the main revenue generators. In AP too state government issues licenses on auction basis to the liquor shops.
Father of nation al ways not in favor for liquor shops as he thought it will destroy the society but governments are promoting these shops now.

Who will hear father of nation?. No body cared to hear mahatma during is last days then.In order to run the state there is no option left for the governments but to allow the liquor business.[/quote] many families are ruined and soiled due to liquor business. Empathetic government should go for conscience and try to stop these destructive business.[/quote]

It never happens. Do you think governments will kill the duck that lays golden eggs ?[/quote]

Which government can stop liquor business in the world, Look at Iran which is officially Booze free
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/06/forbidden-drink-why-alcoholism-is-soaring-in-officially-booze-free-iran/259120/[/quote] if I am right Gujrat is liquor free state and it is going in right direction.[/quote]

Ask any Gujrati to know the truth, boozing is as common as in any other state but they only pay extra to black marketers.[/quote] With prohibition, there is the sense of fear among liquor shop owner to continue their sell.[/quote]

Liquor is not available in open shops but with smugglers who do it in perfect coordination with whosoever matters. No, it makes no difference to people who sell or buy illicit arms, booze, cocaine, other drugs etc etc.[/quote]

ln places where army canteens are there, canteen staff and local smugglers work in tandem. here the stuff is free from taxes. this provision is well utised by the local people to sell at higher prices, where prohibition is in force.[/quote]

Even I have seen bottles of RUM in Uttrakhand sold decades back when I was there and liquor was prohibited. Every evening a truck full of liquor would arrive and sold within minutes.[/quote]

In AP people think Prohibition in religious places like Tirupati is strictly implemented. Devotees who stay in hired cottages will get Johnny walkers and Chivas Regal through the cottage boys.[/quote]

I wish they had better choice than these ordinary brands. They have so much money and still drink so cheap brands?[/quote]

In a place where liquor is not permitted, even a wayside packet of hooch looks like god for whose darshan the devotees(?) they came.[/quote]

As you said in another thread, all opinions go together- May be it is one such case of self styled opinions. Let them live with their choice of POOJA.[/quote]

Sure, they live together and they continue to be the subjects of such discussions[/quote]

As long as we are not objecting to their style of Pooja, yes they can.[/quote]

No objections what soever. They are the presentations of the contemporary scenario.[/quote]
The funniest part of the contemporary scenario is that they will not listen to your objections but you'll be considered old fashioned. I know you are not old fashioned.[/quote]

No problem. As I said both the opinions live and the saga goes on.
Alcohol is not good, it is bad for health, and in many cases in the :woohoo: long term it has potency of impotency. It is bad for immune system.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Every one has a choice. He may drink or not. It is better to avoid in prohibited places I don't understand why any one should consume liquor when he goes to Vaishno Devi shrine. This would be okay otherwise. Even if he is a devotee, why not go to Bhairav Baba.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Alcohol is not good, it is bad for health, and in many cases in the :woohoo: long term it has potency of impotency. It is bad for immune system.

Yes I agree to that, alcohol is not good after a certain limit. Alcohol if consumed within limit which varies for everyone but beyond that, it is neither good for your health nor wealth as well.

Yes I agree to that, alcohol is not good after a certain limit. Alcohol if consumed within limit which varies for everyone but beyond that, it is neither good for your health nor wealth as well.

There is no defined limit. I have fixed three pegs (drinks). some times, it is tempting to exceed. Then what is the way out? If you are alone or the other ones are also in similar position, there is no way.

A mug of beer consumed daiy is good for health so also a glass of wine.It is bad only when you have in excess....Coming back to the topic some of the hard core women drinkers come from the working class.We had a maid who came from a tribe residing in the western ghats.She had to have 2 or 3 sachets of local toddy every night and then she would be off...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is no defined limit. I have fixed three pegs (drinks). some times, it is tempting to exceed. Then what is the way out? If you are alone or the other ones are also in similar position, there is no way.

3 small pegs is fine but if these are large or Patiyala, then .......Please invite me to lessen your burden. :laugh:

3 small pegs is fine but if these are large or Patiyala, then .......Please invite me to lessen your burden. :laugh:

Thank god, I'm spared of lessening your burden. Shhh !!!! I'm a teetotaler.

Please return from abroad after which we shall sit and discuss (of course with drink) :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.