Usually men spend entirely on dates and women expect they even if they offer to pay, men should reject. But is this fair? If women are equal, why they should also not spend?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/most-men-want-women-to-go-dutch-on-a-date/1153928/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Why not, the fact is most friendships last longer if expenses are on share basis. Unless you have special relations with someone where money does not count it should be on share basis. The best could be on turn basis even if you do not like it dividing it every time.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Depends ! If it is a casual date the expenses definitely should be split whereas if it is more intimate then the couple may share the expense depending on their financial status at that time.Since now both work and are financially independant it is only natural that the expenses too should be shared !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Usually men spend entirely on dates and women expect they even if they offer to pay, men should reject. But is this fair? If women are equal, why they should also not spend?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/most-men-want-women-to-go-dutch-on-a-date/1153928/

Nothing is wrong in it if women share expenses on dates. When women are equal to men than what is problem in sharing expenses if she can pay.

Nothing is wrong in it if women share expenses on dates. When women are equal to men than what is problem in sharing expenses if she can pay.

I don't mind if any of my earning female friends are willing to pay for a change once in a while. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nowadays most women are earning as good as the men, so there is no harm in sharing expenses while out on a date. Alternatively, each could pay for the expenses turn by turn, like once a man could pay, the second time the woman could an so on. But then again it is a matter of personal question, sometimes men try to be more chivalrous and they do not like the woman to pay or share expenses. So it is best that it be decided accordingly with an open and honest discussion.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Nowadays most women are earning as good as the men, so there is no harm in sharing expenses while out on a date. Alternatively, each could pay for the expenses turn by turn, like once a man could pay, the second time the woman could an so on. But then again it is a matter of personal question, sometimes men try to be more chivalrous and they do not like the woman to pay or share expenses. So it is best that it be decided accordingly with an open and honest discussion.

I agree with Kalyani that the 'ego' of the men is hurt if the women pays

It is better to discuss the payment of the bill at the start of the meal and then pay peacefully at the end of the meal.

Whenever it is my turn to pay, i always order the cheapest food and when it is the turn of my guy friends to pay, i make sure that they empty their pockets ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I agree with Kalyani that the 'ego' of the men is hurt if the women pays

It is better to discuss the payment of the bill at the start of the meal and then pay peacefully at the end of the meal.

Whenever it is my turn to pay, i always order the cheapest food and when it is the turn of my guy friends to pay, i make sure that they empty their pockets ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ha ha ha! you are a devil with a sweet smile!! :laugh: :laugh: :) But yes, seriously there some girls (I knew a couple) who go out on dates mainly to get the guys spend money on them and nothing else. So it is better to decide beforehand the issue of sharing or not sharing expenses beforehand, because I have relationships and even friendships breaking because of money!

ya, that is true, just a small thing as paying the bill can break a friendship.....

Well, I avoid going to luncheon with my girl friends except one or two because they keep nagging till you pay the bill. Guy friends are always humble and willing to pay.....thats why I love hanging out with guy friends...not for the sake of the money, but for their honesty.

Does the same happen with you Kalyani?

Swetha Shenoy
Thank you said by: suni51
ya, that is true, just a small thing as paying the bill can break a friendship.....

Well, I avoid going to luncheon with my girl friends except one or two because they keep nagging till you pay the bill. Guy friends are always humble and willing to pay.....thats why I love hanging out with guy friends...not for the sake of the money, but for their honesty.

Does the same happen with you Kalyani?

Yes mostly it does happen with me too! I too avoid going out with girl friends because either they keep nagging or majorly because I end up footing the bill! :blink: Happened to me a lot, so I now make it very clear that it will a TTMM affair (Tera tu, mera main) right in the beginning. But guy friends are really sweet, some of my friends never allow me to pay at all, so I either give them a gift later on or insist on paying the next time around!

Yes why not! Expenses should be shared. Even when I go with my girl-friends we aptly manage the expenses in a way that nobody spends more than the other or the difference is very little.

Live in the present :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.