Th truth of the matter is that everybody lies at some stage or the other but no one likes to admit ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10557]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is a question of admitting or not. But there are people who admit at some stage of the situation or life that they have lied. It also depends on the mindset of the person.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
Th truth of the matter is that everybody lies at some stage or the other but no one likes to admit ...

Most probably not, a human being has tendency to keep his weaknesses behind a curtain. The day you find someone admitting his shortcomings or lies, consider him a saint and not an ordinary human, belonging to this world. One only admits his lie when he thinks it would make no difference or jokingly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

A person tells a lie in two situations, for a selfish purpose or to protect something. When they find out that even after telling a lie, they are not going to gain anything or going to lose everything, then they might admit about lying.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
A person tells a lie in two situations, for a selfish purpose or to protect something. When they find out that even after telling a lie, they are not going to gain anything or going to lose everything, then they might admit about lying.

Most people would think that telling a lie to save a life or do someone a good is not considered a lie so none is going to feel ashamed about it, still if he admits it the purpose would be lost. However for self gain- that is another matter.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

My theory is somewhat different. I do lie occassionaly when I feel truth may be bitter or when I see I may be harmed if tell the truth. But that how we have to do in our lives otherwise telling truth always may have some bad effects. And why to admit it when you have told lie intentionaly. :S

I lie, if I strongly feel that it saves an ugly situation. The term 'Ugly' is a relative term. It varies from time to time. From person to person.

Most probably not, a human being has tendency to keep his weaknesses behind a curtain. The day you find someone admitting his shortcomings or lies, consider him a saint and not an ordinary human, belonging to this world. One only admits his lie when he thinks it would make no difference or jokingly.
Abhijit...
It is a question of admitting or not. But there are people who admit at some stage of the situation or life that they have lied. It also depends on the mindset of the person.

I agree that one need not go around admitting to everyone that he or she has lied....as long as it does not harm someone and is a personal issue it doesnt really concern anyone ...But deliberately lying knowing that it can cause harm to others like in a court of law is simply not right !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Would you call lie a lie if it were done in someone else's interest, especially if the other person is poor (in any sense) and that you feel mercy for him/her?

Sanjeev Gupta - My theory is somewhat different. I do lie occassionaly when I feel truth may be bitter or when I see I may be harmed if tell the truth. But that how we have to do in our lives otherwise telling truth always may have some bad effects. And why to admit it when you have told lie intentionaly

I lie, if I strongly feel that it saves an ugly situation. The term 'Ugly' is a relative term. It varies from time to time. From person to person.

Of course what is important is the intention behind the lie ! When it is going to help and telling the truth is gong to harm, you wold definitely choose to lie ! I have had to do this as well and at that time it is difficult to sit and analyse whether what we are doing is right or wrong, what matters is coping with the situation effectively !

Sanjeev Gupta - My theory is somewhat different. I do lie occassionaly when I feel truth may be bitter or when I see I may be harmed if tell the truth. But that how we have to do in our lives otherwise telling truth always may have some bad effects. And why to admit it when you have told lie intentionaly

Of course what is important is the intention behind the lie ! When it is going to help and telling the truth is gong to harm, you wold definitely choose to lie ! I have had to do this as well and at that time it is difficult to sit and analyse whether what we are doing is right or wrong, what matters is coping with the situation effectively !

Little kids are taught to always speak the truth. I however, feel that what matters is how one deals with the situation. If that is going to be in someone's interest, there's no harm in going ahead. And I have done that myself on some occaions.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.