Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As long as there is a craze among the parents for private English medium schools and a low feeling towards the govt. schools, I feel the standards of these schools might not improve. Keeping aside the schools run by the central govt viz. Kendriya Vidyalays, the schools run by the state govt in most of the states are in pathetic condition and still there is a need for the improvement of the same be it the infra structure, providing the basic facilities, hygienic conditions, qualified / experienced faculty or many other such requirements. Unfortunately due to various reasons parents of even middle class / lower middle families as well are not showing interest in admitting their children in the govt schools. I feel that the govt schools run by various states govt. are yet to improve a lot and the govt needs to give priority to the education sector and try to make these govt schools at par with the private English medium schools so that the public would at least show some interest in joining their wards in these schools.

-----------------
Thanks & Regards
Ranjan Kumar
jobs in banks

Again you are copy/pasting , I have a feeling it is Kalyanis ...LOL...https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indiastudychannel.com%2Fforum%2F102422-Do-you-think-quality-Government-schools-has-become-better-or-worsened.aspx&ei=QmnVUrPiCoe4rgeVwIG4DQ&usg=AFQjCNHNQ_Y7kTWQaoJMx781zjl1FZ5C2w&sig2=5XQKTcb4MeqKgF9fEhWJDQ&bvm=bv.59378465,d.bmk

To be very pragmatic I would suggest closure of these schools. The only ones who are benefiting are worthless and useless teachers - at least a majority of them. They are not teachers - just masquerading as ones - living off very well on our money!!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
As long as there is a craze among the parents for private English medium schools and a low feeling towards the govt. schools, I feel the standards of these schools might not improve. Keeping aside the schools run by the central govt viz. Kendriya Vidyalays, the schools run by the state govt in most of the states are in pathetic condition and still there is a need for the improvement of the same be it the infra structure, providing the basic facilities, hygienic conditions, qualified / experienced faculty or many other such requirements. Unfortunately due to various reasons parents of even middle class / lower middle families as well are not showing interest in admitting their children in the govt schools. I feel that the govt schools run by various states govt. are yet to improve a lot and the govt needs to give priority to the education sector and try to make these govt schools at par with the private English medium schools so that the public would at least show some interest in joining their wards in these schools.

-----------------
Thanks & Regards
Ranjan Kumar
jobs in banks

Again you are copy/pasting , I have a feeling it is Kalyanis ...LOL...https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indiastudychannel.com%2Fforum%2F102422-Do-you-think-quality-Government-schools-has-become-better-or-worsened.aspx&ei=QmnVUrPiCoe4rgeVwIG4DQ&usg=AFQjCNHNQ_Y7kTWQaoJMx781zjl1FZ5C2w&sig2=5XQKTcb4MeqKgF9fEhWJDQ&bvm=bv.59378465,d.bmk

To be very pragmatic I would suggest closure of these schools. The only ones who are benefiting are worthless and useless teachers - at least a majority of them. They are not teachers - just masquerading as ones - living off very well on our money!!

I think their pay scales are based on sixth pay commission???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That the quality of education in government schools is an accepted bitter truth. As usual Government;'s inefficiency in providing necessary infra structure and inadequate teaching staff are the main reasons for their declining standards.
I can speak about schools which relates to Odisha, there are some schools which have been good and continue to do so and there are others where the teaching standards worsened,

http://mohanmekap.com/

I can speak about schools which relates to Odisha, there are some schools which have been good and continue to do so and there are others where the teaching standards worsened,

Exceptions are there everywhere. Schools in dreary conditions as far as educational standards are concerned outnumber the good schools in leaps and bounds
According to me, Government school condition becomes worst as before. Government hire teachers at this school, but they only make their attendance at school and go out of school. In my area, there is a government school. School headmaster teach maths, but he never take a class and take a private tuition at their house.
According to me, Government school condition becomes worst as before. Government hire teachers at this school, but they only make their attendance at school and go out of school. In my area, there is a government school. School headmaster teach maths, but he never take a class and take a private tuition at their house.

This is the condition prevailing all over the counbtry. This will be there as long as governments apathy for strict implementation of acts and its unwillingness to introduce reforms to better the condition.

This is the condition prevailing all over the counbtry. This will be there as long as governments apathy for strict implementation of acts and its unwillingness to introduce reforms to better the condition.

After hiring such teachers at government school government never look back on their employ. They must take some serious action about this. They must hire some responsible person at every school where they keep eyes on such un responsible government teachers.

After hiring such teachers at government school government never look back on their employ. They must take some serious action about this. They must hire some responsible person at every school where they keep eyes on such un responsible government teachers.

That's what is the crux of my thread above. Indifference of the government.
Thank you said by: DIPU S KUMAR
Earlier, even in Manipur the quality of Government school was pathetic. Undue absence of teachers for very long durations and irregularity in conducting classes were the norm of the day. However, things have improved gradually within the last three years or so. Its partly due to the various students union which regularly cooperate with the local people in checking things and also due to the effort made by our the present education Minister who has taken up many innovative methods to check the errant teachers.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.