n a big development, the tribunal looking into the sharing of waters from Krishna river, has directed all three states - Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Karnataka not to divert the water.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reason for the Andhraites to be happy indeed!
But raising the height of the Almatti dam will mean the end of several lives and loss of livelihood for the farmers in Kolhapur, Sangli, Rajapur, Chikhali, and many more villages in maharashtra!
Also thousands of hectares of farmlands is going to be submerged, leading to lost livelihood for so many farmers!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Actually I studied that Krishna is flowing through Andra.Why other states quarrel for its water then?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Yes Kalyani....

The state fears the increase in the dam’s height may aggravate the flood situation in Satara, Sangli and Kolhapur districts of Western Maharashtra.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I feel Andhra gets nothing from the verdict. The issue is on the extra water that is being used by Andhra since long time (as per the Bachavat verdict).

However Maharashtra and Karnataka filed petition to share that water and they succeeded. It would be a great loss to the formers of Andhra as they have to loose water that they are using all these days.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

[quote]Actually I studied that Krishna is flowing through Andra.Why other states quarrel for its water then?[/quote]

Abid, the major part of Krishna flows through Maharashtra too, it has become an integral part of culture and is subject of many legends here!

[quote]I feel Andhra gets nothing from the verdict. The issue is on the extra water that is being used by Andhra since long time (as per the Bachavat verdict).

However Maharashtra and Karnataka filed petition to share that water and they succeeded. It would be a great loss to the formers of Andhra as they have to loose water that they are using all these days.[/quote]

Maverick, according to the latest version, the fact is that Andhra is still to get the major portion of water whereas Karnataka and Maharashtra will get reduced shares which is going to have a detrimental effect!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.