Savitri, a village woman of Acchnera demonstrated the power of vote.

Some time back, her husband was jailed for some offence. The village panchayat issued a Fatwa to boycott her family. she was compelled to leave the village.

Some time later, she picked courage and returned to the village. Nobody talked to her and she was isolated. Meanwhile, panchayat elections were announced. Things changed. many prospective candidates requested her also for vote even though they had been avoiding her so far.

Savitri now realized the power of vote. she herself contested the elections single handed and was her own polling agent. She is not bothered about the outcome. she is happy to discover the power of vote.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is indeed great news and a positive sign of awakening amongst people! If she has realized the power of vote, so will many others who read or hear about Savitri's story! I just hope that such incidents speed up the process of realization and more and more people are able to choose the right candidate based on their merits and sincere contribution.

Thanks for sharing this nice story.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Hats off to this courageous woman! She could be a model for her urban counterparts!Thanks Gulshan!
Thanks gulshan for bringing out this story.....

Its great these things are happening in rural India, when people in urban India also doesn't realize the power of vote....
It is very good to know people realize the power of vote.She is very courageous.Such sort of awakening must be among the people of our country. :)
Her courage is all the more praiseworthy as the odds are pretty tough in a viallge in rural India!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.