Surat: For Ramilben Sutariya, Tuesday morning rain was first of its kind she had witnessed in her 60 years. She was surprised to see black rainwater. “I came out of home...around 6 am. I was surprised to see white marble floor in the front passage of the bungalow covered with black water. I immediately went to check the rainwater collected in a bucket and it was black. I had never seen something like this before,” said Ramilaben.
Gujarat Pollution Control Board’s regional office was unaware about it. “We have not received any complaints in this connection. We will get the water checked,” said Anil Patel, regional officer, GPCB. Meanwhile, rainwater samples were tested for hydrogen (pH) at VNSGU and SVNIT. The test for acidity in the water was conducted and the acid level was found to be normal.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIM/2010/09/09&PageLabel=17&EntityId=Ar01706&ViewMode=HTML&GZ=T
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is surprising for her but it is sign for bad pollution in that area due to industries...surat in gurajat is in the list of high polluted city.
As rajani quoted, It must be the ill effects of pollution. :( :(
It happened yesterday as morning as well. Its not black rainfall, its some ash particles in water.

one reason for the cause is due to gas burning of ONGC
Is it the beginning of acid rain which the environmentalist scientists have warned about quite a long way back!
This must be due to pollution in the area otherwise such thing is not possible.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
We have been taking Mother Nature for granted too long and results are for all to see! Very grim pointers of things to come!
The pollution is really created so many problems in the world now.. dont know what the consequences will be..
The consequences are already upon us!We have an unusual summer in this part of India.While the monsoon is active in Northern parts flooding different parts the grain producing districts of West Bengal are dry.
the test for acidity in the water was conducted and the acid level was found to be normal.
What were the abnormal things found in the test?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.