A resident doctors' strike in Rajasthan against police brutality against doctors in Jodhpur recently has crippled health services across three major cities - Jaipur, Jodhpur and Ajmer - for three days now.

In the tragic situation, over 50 people have lost their lives across Rajasthan after medical services were virtually paralysed in five major districts of the state with around 1,200 resident doctors going on an indefinite strike against alleged lathicharge on medicos in Jodhpur.

Trouble began on Saturday after police in Jodhpur lathicharged resident doctors following a scuffle between doctors and patients.

50 people, including infants have died in the state, especially in Jodhpur and Jaipur due to lack of proper medical care. All six government medical colleges and their attached hospitals in Rajasthan has left medical services crippled in the state for over three days now.

for more details visit

http://in.news.yahoo.com/242/20100907/1334/tnl-doctors-strike-hits-services-50-dead_1.html
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sad news.!! i condemn the strike which caused the death of innocent patients..
Doctors main job is to serve the society and save people, but if they dont fulfil that job then what is the use of them.
yes i agree with what raja and sajeetharan has said. doctor main duty is to serve people and the community.
Doctors forget the oath taken by them that service is their main motto. :(
I saw the news now strike has come to an end. all are back to work after 2 days
Oh God!! When was this strike started?? This is very sad news..

This is very bad on the part of doctors. They should not leave the emergency cases to air!!!!!

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
These days strike seems to be the weapon which breaking down all class barriers! Its appeal is luring all kind of people- be they doctors or Mozdoor!!
They are not doctors but Heartless movable objects without any emotions!! :( :(
4_11_12-20100908.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
How about calling them as "licensed killers"!!!
it is very useful and very sad news but thanks for share.................
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.