KOLKATA: A school excursion ended in tragedy after a student of EL Bethel School in Bishnupur's Bakrahat in South 24-Parganas died and another was seriously injured after falling off a train just as it left Sonepur station in Bihar.

Read more: Students fall off train trying to save kid, 1 dies - Kolkata - City - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata-/Students-fall-off-train-trying-to-save-kid-1-dies-/articleshow/6272723.cms#ixzz0vzT3bSNS
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
That is really very trageic news. I dont understand why they have to board a rush train for excursion.
Why no one noticed them till morning

Atleast the station master , guards, some one.

Same story having two dimensions.

They tried to defend some one and got injured and then were un noticed by any one till the morning and one among them lost his life.
It is really very sad to know such things..i school authorities should keep control on students and this shows there negligence. :angry:
Let me share some incident that took place in my childhood..when i was in 7th class it took place but i still can not forget it.
Each day after school students has to cross the road which is a four road junction to go to their respective rickshaws. I was just at the gate waiting for my rickshaw wala to come, in fraction of seconds i observe a small girl (1 class) child chrushing under a auto..she just crossed me and fell under it my hand was in air to reach her but could..i just regret for not saving her..

Though she is from same schools i will not blame my school for negelecting her as she was not their responsibilty after comingout from school..it is the rickshaw wala who was the culprit..due to not responding a such a small kid.
I appreciate my school for taking responsibility to take her to hospital in their personal car even it is not necessary...

I am sharing this because i think in the above case it is responsibilty of the school to take care of the child when they are not with their parents..which they failed. :(
this is really a bad news.............

strange no one noticed till morning....
Well rajini, that was a sad incident, good that you have posted here. It happens everywhere, even worst now.
This is indicative of serious lapse of the school employees accompanying the children. The boys attempting to save kid are really courageous and their sacrificing and adventurous spirit is worth appreciation.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Its really unfortunate, trying to save someone and loosing their own life.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.