Ever since Kolkata Metro came into transport scene of this city the Metro authorities are up against a very peculiar problems.The people committing suicide are drawn to it.The number is a mind-boggling one and the authorities are helpless.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The only kind of accident I have heard of Kolkata Metro was probably due to power failure during floods. A train got stuck for sometime near Park Street for couple of minutes or so. I am not sure about this but I think it happened.
Such suicide attempt was also reported in Delhi metro. Many years ago, many used to jump from Kutub Minar of Delhi. Suicide is a social problem caused by frustration of ambitions in employment, love or other matters. It is difficult to predict the suicidal bent of mind of a person getting in metro train. Indeed the authorities are helpless. The authorities can do nothing except to strengthen security. But this has limitation.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes it is part of a very big sociological problem.The Metro authorities tried several things including music therapy but with no results.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.