Imams may be doing some service to their community. But what is the logic in giving them allowance from public funds? Budhdev Bharttacharya's criticism is okay. As leader of opposition party, it is okay for him to criticize the government. But his fear of BJP gaining advantage of this is ridiculous.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Buddha-questions-imam-allowance/1059030/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am also against of it , why it is given to Imams only then it should be given to all priests of all communities.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Apart from this allowance every year the Haj pilgrimage is entirely funded by the central government and I feel even that is not fair because there are other religious people in India who would ask for similar favors- anything to do with religion should be kept away from public funds...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Imams gets allowance for some good cause. I don't think there is anything wrong in it.
Imams gets allowance for some good cause. I don't think there is anything wrong in it.

The government do not have to pay you something for every good cause. You will be paid by those for whom you render the 'good cause'. The government should pay only for the job relevant to government. Government money is tax payers money and this must not be used for anything irrelevant to general public cause (not a particular community) or governmental activities.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, jabeen, Sandhya Rani
Apart from this allowance every year the Haj pilgrimage is entirely funded by the central government and I feel even that is not fair because there are other religious people in India who would ask for similar favors- anything to do with religion should be kept away from public funds...

I also do not understand why any kind of allowance is needed to be given for Haj yatra or for the Imams. Maybe this practice was started initially because the Muslim community was minority decades ago after independence and these allowances were given as a part of assurance of their safety and wellbeing in India. But now as things stand today, They are no more a minority community, in fact some Hindu sects are now in minority, and many of the Muslims are now well educated and earning good. So why is this allowance still continued?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

What is their 'good' cause?? I have heard of not a single such person doing anything good for society as a whole but they are more inclined to only impart religious education as THEY see it right and most of it is too radical and fanatical! Nothing good for society!

What is their 'good' cause?? I have heard of not a single such person doing anything good for society as a whole but they are more inclined to only impart religious education as THEY see it right and most of it is too radical and fanatical! Nothing good for society!

This is highly retrograde as a move and I condemn it and see as a plain attempt to pander to communal politics!

I would like to share that subsidy on Haz does not make much difference because the amount provided goes back to government as they have to travel by Air India only and the fair is far too much compared to other airlines but this is keeping Air India alive and the only benefit government is taking advantage of votes Besides they are further limiting the amount of subsidy from this year itself..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is highly retrograde as a move and I condemn it and see as a plain attempt to pander to communal politics!

This is mostly about the congress policy of maintaining their vote banks on the grounds of being the only secular party in India, but unfortunately, they are only feeding in to the communal tendencies for their own benefits!

I also do not understand why any kind of allowance is needed to be given for Haj yatra or for the Imams. Maybe this practice was started initially because the Muslim community was minority decades ago after independence and these allowances were given as a part of assurance of their safety and wellbeing in India. But now as things stand today, They are no more a minority community, in fact some Hindu sects are now in minority, and many of the Muslims are now well educated and earning good. So why is this allowance still continued?

Do you know in Kerala, Muslims are the most financially sound community (and Hindus just opposite ;) :silly: )...particularly Thrissur-Ernakulam belt. Most of them are NRIs.
Before coming to Thrissur town, my hubby was branch manager of Eriyaad ....coastal place of Kodungallur. He says, not even a single Muslim family is present in that coastal belt who doesn't have at least 1 crore money as liquid cash at home or bank. Most of the families have assets above 300 crore or 500 crore and even above 2000 crore rupees.
Now also he works in a Muslim nominated place Kecheri. Our head will spin hearing the assets of Muslim community.
As far as I know, In Kerala, Hindus are the weak community...both financially and spiritually. :woohoo: . Total population of Hindus have reduced below 48% in the past few decades

Ya, Government need to have a second thought before allotting public funds for such religious purposes

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.