I always felt mysterious while traveling through seven states of north east. Now with the new development that took place recently this may become a little more difficult to visit those places for people from other states. Any views to share with me!!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I always felt mysterious while traveling through seven states of north east. Now with the new development that took place recently this may become a little more difficult to visit those places for people from other states. Any views to share with me!!

Talking about the recent thing which started from Assam. :blink:

I have never been to that side of the country as I always feel fear of Naxalites. :blink:

Have you seen all the famous and popular spots there sunil ? I have read so much about them and waiting to visit all those beautiful states. I hope that things normalise and all those who left Bangalore and other cities come back and get back to their lives.I really feel bad for them ...my own personal opinion of them is that of very polite , slightly unsure and ever helpful people who became part of our lives here .. :(

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Have you seen all the famous and popular spots there sunil ? I have read so much about them and waiting to visit all those beautiful states. I hope that things normalise and all those who left Bangalore and other cities come back and get back to their lives.I really feel bad for them ...my own personal opinion of them is that of very polite , slightly unsure and ever helpful people who became part of our lives here .. :(

They are simple but ......yes I had been to all 7 states as regional manager of my company while posted in Kolkata. I have seen every single place in north east. I wasn't aware about the situation in the beginning but later while I learnt to speak a few local languages, I came to terms. They do not like outsiders much and most of them did not want to cross Brahmputra. Now while the things were improving this new development has done a great loss for the unity of this country.

All of the recent happenings indeed look as if they were planned meticulously beforehand and implemented around the same time in several cities. I was born in Guwahati, Assam and I always hear never ending tales about the kindness, generosity and helping nature about the Assamese from my mother./ Even some colleagues from Nagaland and Mizoram I worked with were wonderful people and all such incidents against them have really pained me. How come all of a sudden, they are having to migrate away from so many cities? Why not Bangladeshi and other illegal migrants never have to run fro their lives in a similar manner, when these people who are now fleeing are legitimate citizens of India??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I worked in North East for several years. I was posted in Shillong, Tezpur and Gauhati. The region is not developed or promoted for international tourism. Rather the foreigners and even Indians are discouraged to visit these places. Arunachal Pradesh is restricted to Indians also.

That is why North East is so alienated from the rest. The only people who visit the North East are armed forces and other central government employees. There are many good tourist spots un the region. I think that the region should be integrated more with rest of India and tourism developed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I worked in North East for several years. I was posted in Shillong, Tezpur and Gauhati. The region is not developed or promoted for international tourism. Rather the foreigners and even Indians are discouraged to visit these places. Arunachal Pradesh is restricted to Indians also.

That is why North East is so alienated from the rest. The only people who visit the North East are armed forces and other central government employees. There are many good tourist spots un the region. I think that the region should be integrated more with rest of India and tourism developed.

Yes, this has always been the scenario even while my father was posted in Assam, while Army and Air Force personnel were respected, my parents would often hear of clashes between locals and civilians from other states. What's more unfortunate is the unwillingness on part of government to bring them into mainstream India and now China has started taking advantage of all this by enticing young North east Indians by offering them a lot of perks in education.

@ GulshanG and Ms, Kalyani

I had been to Itanagar in arunachal Prdesh crossing through border in Lakhimpur district in Assam. s a matter of policy all border states are restricted entry through permit issued by administration level. This includes Indians to take a permit to go to any state including Nagaland, Manipur, Arunachal, Sikkim and Tripura. Meghalaya and Mizoram are the only exceptions as these are where we can go without permit. Foreigners are not allowed to travel unless taken a special permission from government of India.
I agree that people are very simple but all the same as on all fronts our government never takes a decision timely and let the matter linger on to take an ugly shape. same is the case with Northeast where Bangladeshis have gone in to majority in most places in Assam and locals have become lesser in number.
Now they want to keep their identity and trying to save their resources which is not a bad thing to do. This has been going on for last 40 years or so and our governments are ignoring the fact considering the illegal migrants as their vote banks. So this was the natural reaction. Now we have over 50 million people from Bangladesh in different parts of our country but look who is running back to their homes!! Now do you think they would ever feel normal once back to their respective states?

I have travelled all most whole of India. I have never experienced such problem or mystery. Suni find it out and let all of know the fact. I think this thread is interesting.
I have travelled all most whole of India. I have never experienced such problem or mystery. Suni find it out and let all of know the fact. I think this thread is interesting.

Pl. Let me know about the topic to find out? And in my view this topic is not interesting but a matter to think upon seriously because this is matter of unity of our country. We are already in a bad shape having disputes even at state levels, this is going to put oil in the fire.

@ GulshanG and Ms, Kalyani

I had been to Itanagar in arunachal Prdesh crossing through border in Lakhimpur district in Assam. s a matter of policy all border states are restricted entry through permit issued by administration level. This includes Indians to take a permit to go to any state including Nagaland, Manipur, Arunachal, Sikkim and Tripura. Meghalaya and Mizoram are the only exceptions as these are where we can go without permit. Foreigners are not allowed to travel unless taken a special permission from government of India.
I agree that people are very simple but all the same as on all fronts our government never takes a decision timely and let the matter linger on to take an ugly shape. same is the case with Northeast where Bangladeshis have gone in to majority in most places in Assam and locals have become lesser in number.
Now they want to keep their identity and trying to save their resources which is not a bad thing to do. This has been going on for last 40 years or so and our governments are ignoring the fact considering the illegal migrants as their vote banks. So this was the natural reaction. Now we have over 50 million people from Bangladesh in different parts of our country but look who is running back to their homes!! Now do you think they would ever feel normal once back to their respective states?

That is what I said, the issue has been kept smouldering for a very long time, I blame the government entirely for it. Main problem there is that there basic rights to their own lands is being denied to those people, how many more generations can tolerate this injustice?? While the whole country is engrossed majorly with superficial 20-20 matches, intimate details into lives of various B and C-grade Bollywood stars, there is no one who is willing to talk to Irom Sharmila and many others are simply dying!

In a magazine we get monthly., once issue was dedicated to IAS officers' account of duties in North-East states and the severe apathy of government in all walks of life was shocking! :angry:

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.