Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think most women these days who are working remain to continue with their maiden names. This is not only convenient but also helps keeps a women's identity intact. Moreover, imagine if we have to change names in all our official documents, it would be so cumbersome, so it is better to stick to our maiden names.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I think most women these days who are working remain to continue with their maiden names. This is not only convenient but also helps keeps a women's identity intact. Moreover, imagine if we have to change names in all our official documents, it would be so cumbersome, so it is better to stick to our maiden names.

True. Realizing these problems, now many working and non- working women are retaining their maden names.

True. Realizing these problems, now many working and non- working women are retaining their maden names.

Yes sir. Nowadays most women dont change their maiden names after marriage.The main factor here is women dont want to change their identity. Most of the women are working and also the fact that nowadays there is more awarness among people even in rural areas.  So, no one is insisting much about these sort of things these days as in earlier times.

Yes sir. Nowadays most women dont change their maiden names after marriage.The main factor here is women dont want to change their identity. Most of the women are working and also the fact that nowadays there is more awarness among people even in rural areas.  So, no one is insisting much about these sort of things these days as in earlier times.

A heartening fact indeed.More and more women are becoming aware of their stature.

Many women do stick to their maiden names even after marriage, but after their children are born, the problems arise such as during admission to schools, for passport for the kids. If the names of husband and wife do not match, then an affidavit has to be given which is not really an easy task to obtain. whereas name immediately after marriage is not a big thing, all one has to do is submit an application enclosed with copy of marriage certificate. Easy and prudent thing to do . Also keeps the confusion away from the child's mind - he or she would not understand the difference in the names of his parents!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Many women do stick to their maiden names even after marriage, but after their children are born, the problems arise such as during admission to schools, for passport for the kids. If the names of husband and wife do not match, then an affidavit has to be given which is not really an easy task to obtain. whereas name immediately after marriage is not a big thing, all one has to do is submit an application enclosed with copy of marriage certificate. Easy and prudent thing to do . Also keeps the confusion away from the child's mind - he or she would not understand the difference in the names of his parents!

True. There are problemsi surrounding retaining the maden name. That's what the writer discussed in detal in the link article.

Most ladies now keep both their maiden sir name and add on their husbands name as well, which is I feel a good thing since there will be no confusion in the minds of the concerned authorities ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Most ladies now keep both their maiden sir name and add on their husbands name as well, which is I feel a good thing since there will be no confusion in the minds of the concerned authorities ...

True. Retaining sur name and adding husband's name is a sensible solution.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.