The topic is locked.
The rupee yet again fell against the dollar today, falling to as low as 55.07 to the dollar, tracking a weak euro ahead of the European Central Bank policy meeting.
According to some traders there was a major dollar demand from a large state-run bank as well, though no details for the demand were available..

http://profit.ndtv.com/News/Article/rupee-falls-1-at-55-07-to-us-dollar-307367?pfrom=home-otherstories

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In the days to come I am expecting it to dip even lower. According to the market circle the fair current value of rupee should have been around Rs.60 but for spasmodic intervention by the RBI. The countries which are net exporters have no problems. In fact China,South Africa are all happy with devaluation of their currencies but it is hitting us very hard being a net importer!
In the days to come I am expecting it to dip even lower. According to the market circle the fair current value of rupee should have been around Rs.60 but for spasmodic intervention by the RBI. The countries which are net exporters have no problems. In fact China,South Africa are all happy with devaluation of their currencies but it is hitting us very hard being a net importer!

I guess we are going to see more down slide of the rupee in the coming weeks since dollar has become very strong against almost all currencies including Euro...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Eurozone crisis has also contributed to the falling rupee. A falling Euro has not only strengthened US dollar, our exports to Europe have also alarmingly declined to create worrying trade deficits!
There is lot of uncertainty...I think crude prices are also increasing due to this... :unsure:
There is lot of uncertainty...I think crude prices are also increasing due to this... :unsure:

Cost of import of crude has gone up enormously with the falling rupee! It is a pity that when smaller economies produce trade surplus,we are perpetual laggards!

Cost of import of crude has gone up enormously with the falling rupee! It is a pity that when smaller economies produce trade surplus,we are perpetual laggards!

I think it is a lack of commitment to the nation by the concerned governmental departments, like all other issues action is taken after things have reached a boiling point, when it is doing too little too late !

I think the rupee fall will improve the economy of our country.

Want to make each day Accountable

How? In what way ? what about imports and exports? we have to pay more everywhere..

I think it is a lack of commitment to the nation by the concerned governmental departments, like all other issues action is taken after things have reached a boiling point, when it is doing too little too late !

I agree, it is this policy of doing too little and too late that is damaging for our economy, even though the person who leads our country is an accomplished economic. :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

How? In what way ? what about imports and exports? we have to pay more everywhere..

True!! Bad decisions are also helping us in getting more deficits. Not sure if its related, but the decision to take back all those officials who caused Air India to lose more than 600 crores is an example of such poor policies!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.