Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@ Sandhya:All bad habits start from the friends you keep that's why it is said not to keep bad company. :blink:

But now due to my wife i have just stopped drinking it rarely i drink and that too only when my wife goes to her home for some days. :laugh:
My drink is socially originated. I never drank in my college days. In 1966, I was employed on field posting in Border area. I worked and lived in tented accommodation and had to dine in military mess. There everyone would drink. I could not resist long and began drinking. Thus I am consuming alcoholic drink since my late teens. But now I do not drink regularly. This is only occasional and moderate.

Sir, Can you tell us, do you get any benefits even if you use it only occasional?

Mind is relaxed and mood cheerful. Drink definitely cheers you. That s why when we begin drink, we say 'cheers'. Drinking slowly with snacks makes company enjoyable. It is not possible to sit and chitchat for hours together without alcoholic drink. I cannot even imagine of a five hours long get together by sipping non alcoholic drink. I experienced that the non drinkers in a party just give company for formality by taking non alcoholic beverages but do not enjoy.
Moderate and occasional drink is okay.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@sanjeev ji

Actually why people drink, what they get by drinking. They find the reason to drink as they want to drink.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

@Gulshanji
Woman also sit for hours interested in chatting. But they never opt to drink. Why so?...(Here also...there is an exception....social ladies)

So, I am telling, men had made drinking a habit along with chatting, as a part of fun. But it never means it is good :)

Meera sandhu
@ Sandhya: Every body has their own ways of enjoying life.Some people like enjoying by drinking and some people enjoy even by not drinking it.It all depends on people. :) Though drinking is bad habit and once must not do it.But then we can't be so idealistic. :laugh:

@ Sarala: I feel relaxed and peace after drinking as after drinking i forget every problem and feel very light. :laugh:
@Gulshanji
Woman also sit for hours interested in chatting. But they never opt to drink. Why so?...(Here also...there is an exception....social ladies)

So, I am telling, men had made drinking a habit along with chatting, as a part of fun. But it never means it is good :)

You said- exception... social ladies. So, I am social gent. I may add that drink is part of every civilization- East or west since time immemorial. The tribes like Naga, Mizo, Santhal, Ladhakhi, Dogra all have their own brand of wine. Thus this has its own merit. If wine were definitely injurious, there would be no use for this in armed forces. Luxury is associated with- wine, woman and song. The arts of literature, music, dance, poetry are unthinkable without alcoholic drink. even though a non drinker, Harivansh Bachan wrote Madhu Shala. He praised Madhushala as unifying all as against temple and Mosque that bring disunity (Mandir masjid bair badhate Mail badhati meri madhushala)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sir, I would like to answer only to "You said- exception... social ladies. So, I am social gent. I may add that drink is part of every civilization"
In women, there is exception. But man, we found most of them drinking. Why?
And I don't think drink is a part of civilization because excess drinking have always given rise to disorders in society.
If this drink was normal like other ones, I would have agreed . But its excess usage has always bring problems and all of them start with a little.
This 'a little' gradually becomes.....' a large'. Then why can't we avoid this 'a little' which will invite ' a large' in future, that may cause destruction of many families.

I am living in a state where men earns more than any other part of the country. But what use....more than the half he earns...he give daily to beverage corporation. I think, Kerala is one among the most alcohol consumed states.

Doesn't it indirectly mean.....people buy drinks because they have money?????

Meera sandhu
sanjeev, For feeling relaxed and peace, you can watch a movie,or do meditation or engage your self with your good friends. Or the time which you waste for drinking , you can utilize for thinking the solutions for your problem

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Alcohol leads to unconsciousness in the brain. Due to this people think they get rid of the problems for some time and choose it.
@ Sarala: It depends on person to person watching movie,meditation are methods for release stress but i think alcohol directly effects brain which for me is the best way of relaxing but its not that i drink daily to forget problems.I drink once in 20 days or do. :laugh:

@ Isha yes you are right it is just for an instance till alcohol effects mind. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.