Tobacco majors ITC and Godfrey Phillips India (GPI) have stopped their cigarette production in country from December 1 protesting against the Centre's order over pictorial warnings on Tobacco products.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Due to the shutdown of Tobacco products, the government has to bear daily nearly Rs 100 crore loss. In fact, the new pictorial warning was effective on first of December. But the companies claimed that types of warnings were not properly mentioned that will be carried on the packages.
The companies said that they did not receive the clear statements from the Health department and the Group of Ministers (GoM) on tobacco warnings. The pictorial warning labels increase knowledge about risks of smoking and its consequences to make people aware of the Tobacco products.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
It's surely a loss to the concerned companies also.I think the major cause must have been the clarity of instructions.
Though they have to face the loss,it is good that there could be a fall in the percentage of people who smoke cigars.
Its really good that production has been stopped but seeing towards loss of excise to the government, i think production of cigarette will resume soon
protesting against has been my dream but truly is gr8 news for me that Tobacco Companies stop Cigarette Production in India

THANKS! THIS REALLY HELPED A LOT! Share with World now

http://share-ask.com/category/peoples-articles-news-now/
It is a good thing to do.. But I think this would not continue for long duration...

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Many poor and middle class people earn their livelihood from such productions,Still i believe bad is bad and when the production of tobacco products falls it is surely going to be beneficial in the long run.
Good work done by cigratte companies. Its nice job they have done. Tobacco is not good for health .

Want to make each day Accountable

As Rajesh stated many poor people are surviving because of this business.There must be some alternate arrangement made for those people.
This is good news as well bad news at the same time! While it is laudable that the productions have stopped, at the same time, spare a thought to all those who are employed by these companies, especially the worker class!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.