This is a quite strange fact....

But researchers have identified a compound in saliva that accelerates healing of chronic wounds resulting from diabetes and other disorders, as well as traumatic injuries and burns.

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The reasearchers also state that for the same reason, the wounds in the mouth, like those of a tooth extraction, heal much faster than comparable wounds of the skin and bone.'

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
its a strange thing that licking wounds help to heal them faster....but its just impossible to do......thanks deepti for sharing this information......
I have heard that even pissing over wounds and cuts cause them heal faster. I have never tried. This was a good reminder. I will try it soon.
Oh!Is it?.I have seen animals doing it.But I feel it is very hard for us to do.Thanks for the information,Deepti. :)
That is the natural way of treating wounds, our forefathers used to do it all the time. ANimals still do! Saliva contains natural antiseptics which is why when we cut a finger we still stick the finger in our mouth to stop the bleeding!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You are absolutely right Kalyani... Unknowingly we also do this... As soon as we cut our finger, we put in mouth as it feels soothing.
My son puts his finger in my mouth when he gets hurt.. :P

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I had heard that the new small wounds if licked may heal faster.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
I usually press the wound with a pinch of turmeric to stop bleeding.It really works.
This is really a strange facts. but difficult to do..
Thanks for sharing this deepti....
Yes it is true and i even heard that early morning when we wake up without brushing we can use the saliva to treat pimples..Dont know whether it works..but weird to hear.. :blink: :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.