It's, indeed, a curse. And this is how Shakespeare put it:"Ignorance is the curse of God;knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven."

Whether you believe in God or heavens that may spark off a debate but the supreme importance of knowledge in our life is something over which perfect agreement is possible! What do you think?

Good Night!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Chinmoy,

It would be more delightful if the quote is shared with one of your smiley which was missing from quiet sometime.. :lol: :cheer: :)

Yes I agree with that and also want to remind that "Ignorance is a Bliss" which was also said by poet...and is valid too. :)
0002031F-20101116.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Huh! That bliss arising out of ignorance could have been enjoyed by the great Bard alone!
Another nice quote!! Thanks for sharing!

Well, considering that the bliss enjoyed by ignorant people itself is a curse because it keeps them from gaining knowledge that further their lives more positively and enhance their knowledge!

Did you understand what I just wrote? 'coz I seem to have lost it myself!!!
000203F2-20101117.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Then an ignoramus can't differentiate between knowledge and ignorance and bliss and curse!Only the Great Bard had the knowledge to describe ignorance as bliss!!
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Chinmoy,

It would be more delightful if the quote is shared with one of your smiley which was missing from quiet sometime.. :lol: :cheer: :)

Yes I agree with that and also want to remind that "Ignorance is a Bliss" which was also said by poet...and is valid too. :)[/quote]

The perfect quote I remember is : It is foolish to be wise when ignorance is the bliss. Normally, it is nice to be knowledgeable. But there may be occasions when display of knowledge may harm.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]The perfect quote I remember is : It is foolish to be wise when ignorance is the bliss. Normally, it is nice to be knowledgeable. But there may be occasions when display of knowledge may harm. [/quote]

That's quite a nice quote and so very apt too!! :laugh: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks Gulshan for giving us the exact quote...Yes then the context is correct...I agree and also thank Kalyani for her wonderful explanation... :)

Chinmoy thanks for displaying those wondeful smileys of your.. :lol:
nice quotes !!! Thanks for sharing these quotes ..
Thanks you all for your appreciation of these quotes! It's always a pleasure to share them!
I also think that ignorance is a curse.But I don't think it is the curse of God.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.