The author-activist Arundahti Roy recently share dais with proponents of Azaadi in Kashmir.In fact the subject for symposium was entitled as "Azaadi- The Only Way"! This symposium was attended by Geelani along with a few Naxalite leaders which drew a very sharp response from protesting Kashmiri Pandits one of whom even tried to throw a shoe at Geelani whhich narrowly missed him!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Some way or the other people try to create some problems and raise some issues which is really disrupting peace and harmony. :(
I don't know why she is after cheap publicity! Why her heart doesn't bleed over the plight of Kashmiri Pandits!!
Yes,Very true.This is an apt example for cheap publicity!!! :angry:
Let her take up any issue but she should learn to view it from a fair perspective!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]The author-activist Arundahti Roy recently share dais with proponents of Azaadi in Kashmir.In fact the subject for symposium was entitled as "Azaadi- The Only Way"! This symposium was attended by Geelani along with a few Naxalite leaders which drew a very sharp response from protesting Kashmiri Pandits one of whom even tried to throw a shoe at Geelani whhich narrowly missed him![/quote]

We may agree or disagree with Arundhati Roy but sharing of dais at the symposium is not objectionable. she is just an individual and free to join any meeting that is lawfully held. Her attending the meeting is not so objectionable as Mamata Banerjee, Union minister attending and speaking at Maoists sponsored rally at Lalgarh.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Arundhati Roy has always been involved in controversies, whether she does it intentionally or not is another issue, but she does exhibit a lot of immaturity and does not really seem to understand the plight of many!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]Arundhati Roy has always been involved in controversies, whether she does it intentionally or not is another issue, but she does exhibit a lot of immaturity and does not really seem to understand the plight of many![/quote]

Arundhati Roy is basically an author and not a politician and in a position of responsibility. we need take her too seriously. We should give more attention to irresponsible behavior of those in position of authority. If Aaundhati Roy or anyone else does anything unlawful or against national interests, it is for administrative machinery to take appropriate action.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan

I won't differentiate like that.She is an author of international repute and whatever she says should not ecape our scrutiny!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.