A recent study has found that Russians are the most active users of social networking websites in the world, ranking it to world number 1.

The survey conducted by digital market measurement service comScore Media Metrix said, in Aug 2010, 74.5 percent of Russian internet users, or 34.5 million people, visited at least one social networking website.

The source of information is www.oneindia.in
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am looking forward to the day when India beats Russia in this!
I too wish India beats Russia very soon.But the second place goes to Israel followed by turkey as of now. :)
Given to the size of our population and once people take to it I don't foresee any difficulty in eastablishing ourselves as No.1!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]Given to the size of our population and once people take to it I don't foresee any difficulty in eastablishing ourselves as No.1![/quote]

The possibility of India reaching top in internet surfing and social networking is not remote. The only drawback is inaccessibility of internet in rural area. BSNL aims at providing internet facility in villages. Presently, cell phone is in reach of most people. Let us hope that internet will also be in reach of most people shortly and we shall be at the top.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's right,Gulshan! Once it's made affordable there would be some progress in this regard.
That's a good news for all internet fans. Keep sharing such more news.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
Greater internet penetration would not only make us No.1 but also bring people together!
There is nothing surprise to see some well developed countries like Russia and USA in top list when coming to Internet...India is yet to catch the list.
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]There is nothing surprise to see some well developed countries like Russia and USA in top list when coming to Internet...India is yet to catch the list.[/quote]

Our population is more. If our literacy especially computer literacy rises and internet reaches the villages, we may definitely come to No 1 position in world. already we are at the top in use of cell phones.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I too hope for the best @Gulshan and as said by you if cell phone users have increased gradually internet users will also increase..I only problem me rural areas need some development..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.