Today is the 141th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi whose very names spells peace and Ahimsa! Today is the birth anniversary of our late Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri who rose from a very humble postion to become Prime Minister to do us proud! My profound respects to both!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks for this thread Chinmoy.... I was about to create one.... :)

I like to Salute FATHER OF OUR NATION on his 141st birth-anniversary. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
It's time to remember how far removed this country is from his ideas and thoughts!!
Thanks for creating this thread Chinmoy!! My profound respect to both the leaders!!

So true, Mahatma Gandhi would be probably turning in his grave seeing the situation today! As for Lal Bahadur Shastri's wish to see India a fully self-contained agricultural nation, we seem to be heading exactly opposite to where he wanted to see us go!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks chinmoy for creating this thread....

I would like to Salute the FATHER OF OUR NATION on his 141st birth-anniversary and the national hero and our late PM Lal bahadur shastri on this very special day....

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Mahatmathe father of nation and Lal bahadur shastri, a great visionary both are worthy of reverence. Lal Bahadur raised the slogan- jai Jawan jai Kissan, which will always be relevant. Kissan makes us self sufficient and jawan makes us strong. The importance of Kisan can be better appreciated from the fact that ultimately even Industry depends on agriculture for inputs/ raw materials.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

That's absolutely correct that man of short stature dwarfed even the mighty general- Ayub Khan!!
It is time to remember and thank the great leaders who fought for our independence and who lead a very simple life. :)
School students dressed as Mahatma Gandhi take part in a function on the eve of Gandhi Jayanti in Siliguri, West Bengal.

Sudha..... This is wonderful...

All the kids are very very cute.... :)

Thanks for posting.. :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Two great leaders share the bithday on this day..I salute to them..with great respect. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.