Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Thanks for the reply,Maverick.Do you observe spamming only in Q&A sections? :)[/quote]

I do observe spamming across which cannot be avoidable but the main concern in how much percentage it is compare to the genuine content.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Maverick wrote:
[quote]Sorry guys for delay in replying. For the last couple of weeks there are hardly few good answers are being posted and people are more concentrating on spamming than posting good content.

We really need to rethink about how to avoid such instances and make best use of the feature. Please share your suggestions.[/quote]

Thanks for rethinking maverick.. :)

I can suggest one think...like weblinks please put a limit for posting Q&A per day as most of the people are really interested in earning point just by posting some spam posts...

If limited questions are posted per day maybe answerers will get chance to concentrate and give good answers.
Also give some points for selecting a answer as best one..so that question poster will be interested in choice best answers...similarly best answer given should be awarded some extra points to encourage answerers for giving standard and useful answers.

I hope this suggestions can be helpful. :)
Rajani you have given some very good suggestions!! Maverick, if these are implemented then there would be a limit to spam posts! Also, if it is very much clear that some questions and answers are spams, then why can't they be deleted or blocked away? That would be much easier I guess!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well said kalyani and if the number of questions are more it will be difficult to see each and every question for spams. So it is better to put limitation for question posting per member..

Hope Maverick reads this..NO reaction yet. :huh:
Rajani K wrote:
[quote]Well said kalyani and if the number of questions are more it will be difficult to see each and every question for spams. So it is better to put limitation for question posting per member..

Hope Maverick reads this..NO reaction yet. :huh:[/quote]

yes rajani its a very good idea...........lets see what maverick says about it....
Yes Rajani, I agree with you. There should be limit on number of qns and answers based on user reputation.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Very nice suggestions shared by Kalyani and Rajani.Also,in the polling section many polls are repeated.So often it ends up giving comments like "This poll has already been answered.".

There should be a filter enabled to sort out the repeated polls. :)
Finally I made the list of winners for past two weeks from a spam filled posts. It was a tough time to find original posts. I can draw decision only for winner for last week.

Thanks Rajani for your suggestions and please accept my appreciation through adhoc award.

I request all members to contribute your knowledge with all of us and avoid copying and stealing others knowledge.
index2-20101016.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

@Rajani,
Many congratulations to you for your adhoc award.Keep up your good work,Friend. :) :)
Maverick, thanks for a ban on the spammers!
Rajani, heartiest congratulations fo rthe adhoc award!! Way to go girl!! :) :)

Hope to see more participation in the Q&A now!!

When are you going to post the winner's name, Maverick?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.