Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

[quote]I have a different take on this subject.These high-profile involvements of Hollywood stars may make one happy but the ground reality is that it's hardly going to have any impact on the people who matter most in any conservation efforts.These people are mostly tribal and adivasis who have never heard his name and we need to make them aware and involve them more seriously to make a real change.[/quote]

A very practical point of view Chinmoy!! No matter whatever we do to save the tigers, unless the people who are directly and closely associated with them do something about it, nothing can save the tigers!Unless the tribals are provided with some alternative methids of sustenance and with alternative fuel products, these people will keep on clearing jungles and nothing we do will ever help the cats!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Eventhough all celebrities come to save them we have first to think the real reason behind this loss in number first.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid, the real reason is the greed! In the recent years, according to Chinese superstitions, tiger's meat, bones, skin etc. are believed to be excellent aphrodisiac and increase fertility among men. Because of this, a dead tiger is a priceless commodity in the international market!

:( I was not aware of this Kalyani... Thanks for sharing it here...

But the situation here is that the tigers are turning towards extinct.. :(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
[quote] I was not aware of this Kalyani... Thanks for sharing it here...

But the situation here is that the tigers are turning towards extinct.. [/quote]

You were not??? Well glad to share this vital info!!

People out to make money for themselves are not bithered whether the tigers live or become extinct!!!

I do know about the tiger skin hanging on walls .. and to be used as the mat for doing any traditional rituals.
Yes -- This shows how business minded the people are.... :( :angry:
000203C6-20100929.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
There were days when big cats reign supreme and struck fear anf now we have frightened into near extinction!!!
That is true Chinmoy... :)

And about the tiger cartoon image: I think i felt in love with its tail... :P :lol:
Its tail is more impressive than its head!! May be the sign of its threatened existence!!!
Yes Rajani... Chinmoy is expert in using the Smileys.. :P :)

HE has many animals and cartoons that suites the situation... :)

Keep it up Chinmoy... Want to see many more animates Smileys from you... My kid likes them too... :)
0002053E-20100929.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.