Aamir Khan’s Peepli Live, depicting the growing rural-urban divide in India, has been selected as India’s official entry to next year’s Oscars in the best foreign film category.

“Peepli Live has been selected as India’s official entry for the Oscars out of 27 films,” Supran Sen, secretary-general of the Film Federation of India, told PTI.

Directed by debutant Anusha Rizvi, the film stars theatre actors and was shot in a small village in Madhya Pradesh. The film also takes pot-shots at the media and the political system in the country
Click here to know more
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have not seen the film.Hope it meets with success of ultimately winning Oscar!
Another aamir khan movie for the oscars . all the very best for winning the oscar
This is nice to know that another Hindi movie has an entry to Oscars! I just hope it wins this time! The movie seems to be an interesting one!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ya the movie is having good theme and is expected to do well..lets hope it gets success in Oscar too. :) :)
We have faltered several times earlier and I just hope brethrough comes this time!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.