Here comes the quote the day.We must do justice to our education by critically examinining anything before we accept it.These are words of Swami Vivekananda:"To believe blindly is to degenerate human soul.Be an athesit if you want but don't believe in anything unquestioningly."

Good Night to all of you!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

~Gautama Buddha.
The thought for the day is so good.Thank you Chinmoy and Sajeetharan. :)
Chinmoy, the quote by Swamiji is so very apt and relevant and yet completely ignored by the Indians in general!!

If only we were to question the relevance of the numerous beliefs and rituals we waste our time and energy in, India would be much advanced by now and a better place to live in!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In this land of seers and sages belonging to all religions we love to idolize them not to follow their teachings!
Thanks for the quote. I am an atheist. Swami Vivekanand was also so before meeting Rama Krishna Paramhans. Blind belief is groping in the dark.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

good thought.every one should think of it
Chinmoy,The quotes make me remember the "thought for the day" we had during our school days. Good Initiative.!!! :) :) :)

It really gives an opportunity to think about good quotes by great people.
If we are occasionally reminded of these great quotes it helps us in developing the right attitude in life.
Jai ho, jai ho, baba chinmoymukherjee ji ki jai ho.....
Jai Sri Ramakrihna Paramhansji! Jai Swami Vivekanandaji!

I have just quoted him!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.