"Jab Haathi Chalta Hai Toh Bahut Saare Kutte Bhaungkte".Translated into English it runs :When an elephant walks,a lot of dogs bark!!!!! He could not have cared less about his language!!
00020309-20100914.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No comments yet.With all his on-field attainments his comments are in poor taste to say the least!
Chinmoy i didnt understand ..are you talking about Actor Dhirmandar..(Veeru) :unsure: :P

But i know that proverb.
No Rajani,he is our celebrated cricketer Virendra Shewag.It's plain bad-mouthing!
Chinmoy, i too can't get the meaning of the proverb. :( :(
It's a Hindi one and tried to give the English version.It's nothing but to show utter contempt for one's critics.But critics too have an important role in our life and valid crticism should be taken positively.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Chinmoy, i too can't get the meaning of the proverb. :( :([/quote]

Nagalakshmi the proverb is very famous one and is understandable..
It is more used in the context..Let me explain you..

"Jab Haathi Chalta Hai Toh Bahut Saare Kutte Bhaungkte".

If elephant travel Dogs shout is translation..A large and powerful animal like Elephant doesnt care when small and always shouting animal like dog barks at it...

Dogs are generally compared with people who always critize other without any valid reason...

I hope my explaination have help you :P :)
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]"Jab Haathi Chalta Hai Toh Bahut Saare Kutte Bhaungkte".Translated into English it runs :When an elephant walks,a lot of dogs bark!!!!! He could not have cared less about his language!! [/quote]

thats a good translation chinmoy.......i thought you were talking about dharamji.
Thanks Rajani for explaining it in greater details and thanks Neetu!
Thanks for the explanation Rajani and Chinmoy. I was not able to get the context of the proverb.Now i am clear with the explanation. :) :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.