Remember this Salman of Satanic Verses? He is not particularly known for his love for any organized religion but this time has come out in support of construction of a mosque at the Ground Zero!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a bit surprising since Salman Rushdie is more known for his aversion to Islam! I wonder why he is the construction os a mosque at the Ground Zero???

Although I cannot understand thsi issue at all! Why does a mosque need to be constructed there at all? I mean no offence to anyone and with all due respect to believers of Islam, but constructing a mosque at the Ground Zero is like a slap in the face for all Americans since it issymbolic for the very ones ho destroyed the towers and killed thousands!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ceeem,
there is a spelling mistake in title.I really confused with title first.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Salman Rushdie is know for his controversies.We have to wait ana watch the drama. :)
Chinmoy -- I think it should be "Track" in the title of this thread...

Well -- I think he is gaining some hype for his latest film...
7_4_36-20100914.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I know I am in the habit of committing spelling mistakes but this time I am correct,my friends!Yes,the correct word is 'tack' not 'track' which is used to mean the course of a ship and my use is an idiomatic one!!
Ya, it is absolutely correct what kalyani said..It will be a good slap for americans...
At the age of 63, does he needs this sort of cheap publicity? :(
Nagalakshmi, he definitely does not need publicity, but then old habits die hard, don't they?? :ohmy: :woohoo:
36_1_28-20100914.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Poor Rushdie! A questionable way to appease his tormentors!
I am yet to hear on the correctness of 'tack' or 'track'!!! Hope it has been accepted.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.